The Ark, Ann Arbor

Good friend, BF Burt, is playing there on the 30th. If any of you are blue’s fans he was previous “International Blue’s Artist of the Year” in 3 categories. Great guy, great talent. Do yourself a favor and go see him.

4 Likes

Last place I took my mother before she passed away. We saw Allison Morten there

1 Like

I’m not a blues guy, but I have a good friend who is. And he loves Ann Arbor. I’ll pass along. Thanks.

1 Like

Me and BF, giving him a copy of the first CD he ever played on, one that I co-produced, “The IOWA Blue’s Compilation” Vol.1

1 Like

Love the blues! Still pissed that “Calahan’s” in Auburn Hills was shuttered. That place had top tier artists. Saw many a show there.

1 Like

I used to book all the entertainment for the Linn County Blue’s Society as well as for the Cedar Rapids Art Council. I’d throw in some Zydeco from time to time, Chubby Carrier was the best. Everything from Maynard Ferguson to Joe Bonamassa. We are losing our venues here as well and sadly despite our “Blue’s in the Schools” programs around the state there will be very few to carry the torch.

1 Like

Here’s a tune from a show I saw there.

Samantha Fish - War Pigs

She blows thru here every once in a while, good shows. I like her and Ana Popovic, S Copeland, back in the day it was Koko Taylor doing the larger bars. This was a favorite back then…

1 Like