The Athletic 7rd Mock Draft

The only thing I would do differently here is take DT Daviyon Nixon at pick 72 over the safety…but that’s just me.

I like this draft a lot if we stand pat.

1 Like

I like it a lot also an my change would be pick 153 but rest are just fine with me. That Safety is better for Lions than Nixon he is like a LB type Safety.

We need him more than we need a DT IMO. not bashing Nixon just saying the Safety fits IMO what we want to do on defence.

If you don’t know about him check him out.

6’2.5 ’ 226 runs a 4.45 40 an has very very good coverage record an likes to hit an is very good,

I would still take Notre Dame player OG Robert Hainsey at 153

I didn’t know The Atlantic did Mock Drafts :joy:

2 Likes

I’d be ecstatic with that draft. Diablo is a nice prospecr

I’m in. If a trade down is not an option, of course.

1 Like

I can’t argue with the top two picks. It doesn’t address the defense but its good value IMO

Friggin spellcheck. Not sure how that happened…

1 Like

If we get Sewell, I’ll be ecstatic.

If we get Sewell and Marshall, I’ll be shocked.

If we get Sewell, Marshall, and Nixon I’ll lose it.

If we get Sewell, Marshall, Nixon, and Surratt. I don’t know. I am not capable of thinking what my reaction would be to that. Talk about a dream draft.

2 Likes

I also would be hard pressed to pass on Nixon in the 3rd. I think Suratt has some athletic limitations but good instincts. Even though I want Parsons, not a lot to complain about here.

I’m cool with that. Want another WR in round 4 or 5 though. I’d much prefer Dyami Brown to Marshall as well.

1 Like

Great top two picks. Not sure about the rest. Desperately need another wr prospect.

I like the Safety who plays like a LB an we need that in the secondary an he is fast I would rather add a OG before we add a second WR.

reason when you see based on stats an the win lose record how well Goff plays when he has had a running game I want us to run an run an even with the so /so WRs we have now with Cephus in slot an Hock an the speed on outside even if they are just average you must cover them.
We build a running attack an he will put up wins.

I’m guessing this GIF would speak for you if the last one happened:

2 Likes

What if we got all of those guys and then traded both 1st rounders next year for Justin Fields. How’d you feel then!? haha

Oh, I know how he would feel…

Smirk Smile GIF

1 Like

Not sure how Nixon would ever fall to the 3rd. Sewell means you are seriously going to make that running game work. OK until the 4th, I think you can get DT Bobby Brown. In the 5th I like Thomas Graham, jr, CB Oregon. He was a 3 year starter who opted out.

[quote=“kalspa, post:15, topic:9996, full:true”]

grinch smile GIF

1 Like

Marshall reminds me of a better/ faster version of Golladay