The Bears just got our attention… and it’s the best possible thing that could have happened!

I always am, brother. I have much more confidence in my intelligence than I probably ought to. LOL. I’m surprised a lot.

Still → belive in Holmes & Campbell so much that I’m not concerned with what other teams are up to.

3 Likes

The deal is good for the bears but it’s also really spread out. They have a ton of needs to address and that cap space is going to be eaten up quickly if they go after big name free agents. Fields is also in year 3 already. He’ll be wanting an extension soon. I’m going to wait and see what the bears do in free agency and the draft before I worry about them.

In order to really understand what they even have with Fields, they really need to concentrate on their O. They have a couple decent WR’s, Herbert had a great year last year but they need to bring Montgomery back as well. No reason to go after many big names in FA, they’re where we were just trying to get no shit NFL starters. No winning record this year, but 6 or 7 wins are a possibility if they draft well and are smart with their FA money.

1 Like

If I’m the Bears, I pay for Orlando Brown or Mike McGlinchey. Add another interior starting Olineman in FA, and draft Bijan at 9. If Justin Fields doesn’t show he is a franchise guy with these upgrades along with DJ Moore, he ain’t it. 2024 I get my guy…

Now I don’t love or particularly like Bijan at 9, but they chose to go with Fields instead of taking a QB. Finding out if Fields is the guy takes priority over everything else. Aside from adding the suggested players above, the majority of the draft I go defense there after.

QB Fields
RB - Robinson/Herbert
WR - Moore, Mooney, Claypool, Jones
TE - Kmet
OLine - Braxton Jones, Teven Jenkins, Evan Brown(FA), Guard(draft), Mike McGlinchey(FA)

That is much improved and I would say really good offensive support.

Fields fail with that :v:t2:

Herbert averaged over 5 ypc behind that line, they really don’t need Bijan. With a seam Montgomery is really as good as Williams is, he led the NCAA in yards after contact at Iowa State. He’s a FA, so we’ll see but he can also catch. The downside is neither of those guys is esp good at pass protection, that would be an opening for Bijan. But Fields has wheels, and with a better OL I’m not sure how much weight is given to that aspect of their game.

Whose afraid of the bears?

I understand. I don’t love the idea of Bijan as high as 9. But let’s not pretend Khalil Herbert is the horse Robinson is. I’m close with a handful of Bears fans and they aren’t much of a fan of Montgomery. I personally find a backfield of Montgomery/Herbert as adequate.

The prospects in this draft and possible at 9 are underwhelming. If Skoronski and Tyree Wilson are gone, who is a better pick for the Bears? Also taking into consideration is the narrative that Fields has no help. Bears trade out of the #1 overall spot to then take a Corner? i see that as being very underwhelming for them. They are gonna throw money around to improve their OLine, pretty sure that’s a safe bet. And a franchise with the history of having workhorse backs with a run first offense makes a lot of sense to pick Bijan.

I get it, RB isn’t worth a top 10 pick. But then again who is in this draft? With all things considered, the Bears best pick is Bijan imo :man_shrugging:t2:

Adding DJ Moore, Bijan Robinson, and multiple FA lineman…what excuse does Fields have now? And they need to find out for certain in 2023. The have the extra draft capital to replace him in 2024 if he fails.

2 Likes

Herbert and Montgomery AND Fields. Honestly, are you going to take the ball out of his hands? I think whoever takes Bijan is going to be glad they did but Fields value is his ability to run first.

Aren’t Montgomery and Herbert free agents?

Montgomery is.

The RPO with Fields and Bijan…talk about really hard to defend. If you don’t want to give Fields a second contact, sure…run him into the ground. But I think they are viewing him as a franchise guy by trading the 1st overall pick.

Well if they drafted him because of his ability to pass the ball they ■■■■■■ up.

1 Like

That sounds like a good way to kill 5 years of your franchise doing nothing. I suppose it will have a highlight or two, like Barry Sanders years for us.

Lol wait what??? So picking someone other than Bijan saves their franchise? Damn that’s a lot of pressure on one pick :joy:

Just a bit dramatic of a take don’t ya think

The RPO idea, with a running QB and a high pick on RB. Ya know, it’s 2023 where it’s easier to pass than ever. It would be one awful plan IMO, but you’re free to believe otherwise.

Fields can’t throw…they decided Fields was their quarterback. Yeah I would’ve taken Bryce and traded Fields…but they decided on Fields. You think they are gonna run a different offense?

I guess the Ravens are garbage…definitely an interesting take out of you my man.

My biggest issue with the Bears plan is Feilds is taking way to many hard hits some QBs know how to take a glancing blow or get out of danger.By the end of the last Lions game vs the Bears he was dragging himself off the bench I just don’t see him being a long term starter if they don’t limit his running which is his most lethal skill.

2 Likes

Completely agree

1 Like

The bears have a kid that played pretty well at left tackle for them last year. If I’m Chicago I’m trying to trade back again. If I can’t then I’d look at taking skoronski at 9 or the top receiver. I’d go guard or center in round 2 and continue to beef up the line. I’d use my cap space to try and round out the defense. They have solid pieces in the secondary. Maybe try and sign a couple vets on lower deals like graham or Hargrove to beef up the defensive line. Maybe look at a corner or safety as your splash signing. Pairing bates with brisker would make for quite the safety tandem.

Romeo, depends on if he was fully healthy at the end of last season or if they wanted to get him some real playing time.
Vaitai - was it a fluke or is this going to be ongoing?
Harris - he fits better with what we are trying to do now. I’d probably keep him.

This is a really crappy UFA.

Best case scenario is for the Bears to go bat shit crazy in UFA this year and if the Lions expect those three guys to become the same player as pre injury and we keep them, instead of trying to find the diamond in this UFA class.

Also, Vaitai and Harris ended on IR, they need to pass a physical before we cut them or we have to work out an injury settlement.

AND also best case scenario, if Rodgers says . . . I want to remain a Packer this year.