The benefit of watching tape

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1735696057160634635

3 Likes

All our bubble screens suck, havent seen one work…

Because;

1. Telegraphed by the motion
  2. Run against press cover CBs and not checked out of

This one was worse because

1. Ekeler reeeallly telegraphed it.
  2. 82 on LA has his head up his ass. That’s his block. He sees the guy creeping with Ekeler and at the snap he jumps forward i stead of actually trying to block his guy, who has cut under him so he couldnt get back in time after the jump.

Also, I had Ekeler for 5 catches and 35 yards on two parleys that were $15 pays $115 combined. He finished with 4 and 29, and if this play goes, I win…

To be fair, the blocking WR has to see the snap and then re-locate his guy and that split second head turn time against press coverage seems to doom these bubble screens

2 Likes

Connor Stallions works for the Raiders now

1 Like

Also to be fair, Kellen Moore called an absolute dogshit game.

No RPO for Stick, a mobile NDSU style QB, 2 rushes total. Isiah Spiller more carries combined than Kelly or Ekeler.

Ekeler, who has caught 65 to 100 balls for years, down massively early? 3 targets through mid 3rd quarter, mostly due to the RB rotation that looked like it had no rhyme or reason.

Ignored the TEs most of the game.

Garbage.

They were talking with Crosby after the game. That pick was in a Tampa 2 shell and the DB jumped his responsibility and made a great play. However watch teams take advantage of that in the next few weeks when they fake run that and burn the DB