The Blindside 2: Blindsided

I trusted my parents at 18. How my stepdad treated me and the home he provided is what was most important. As an adult it wouldn’t change my opinion if I found out he didn’t file the proper paperwork.

1 Like

Ehhhhhhhhh not so sure I buy anyone’s intentions being honorable here

2 Likes

Keanu had a buzzed head in Speed……

I feel like some of the allegations are easy to prove if they are true. The movie deal contract should be pretty straightforward and WB should have the details of who they paid. The two agents thing (one for the family and one for Oher) should also be easy to check.

The harder case is the adoption/conservatorship. Most people don’t know the difference but I would assume that if you’re wealthy your attorney would tell you the details. And it seems super suspicious that the same attorney the negotiated the movie deal on Oher’s behalf is also the one who did the conservatorship. I looked her up and she is a divorce attorney with her own firm. Not exactly someone I would trust with a movie deal.

Did these people help more kids than oher?

1 Like

Oher was butthurt about all aspects of the movie deal from day one, as someone else already mentioned.
And of course the family was just following recommendations from their advisors. It doesn’t make them evil. But at the same time, that women’s pursuit of fame is vomit worthy. She’s a slimy psychopath, in my opinion.

2 Likes

The bigger question is are they related to Brett Favre? That will tell us a lot.

1 Like

The brother just did an interview on barstool:

Sounds like the royalties were about $8-10k per year for the last 15 years. Maybe about 100k in total plus interest. Apparently Oher has a book coming out too. Sounds like a publicity stunt based on some ■■■■■■ shit that happened a decade ago. Lots of sore feelings too. The brother doesn’t sound like a bad guy either. He would have been pretty young at the time anyway.

Serious question, didn’t they take him in off of the streets? Where would he have ended up if they never had, still makes it to the NFL & makes millions?

1 Like

In 2023 seeking a conservatorship over a college athlete from a troubled background makes some sense. In whatever year they did it, not so much. That is unless Oher has some cognitive difficulties we don’t know about.
Why can’t people just be decent?

This area of law is rich with greedy people. I don’t doubt that that family put a lot of money out to take care of the kid, but from my experiences there are a lot of folks that feel entitled after simply doing the right thing.

We’ve seen plenty exploited for athletics in the guise ( and some times it really can be ) helping or get twisted once money enters the picture

What does this question mean?

He had a work ethic and talent that got him to the nfl. Who is to say he wouldn’t have made it either way ?

The question would be imo the family explaining their reasoning, and if ohsr wasn’t paid on film, why/how?

@mec30 on point of lawyer advice it could’ve been don’t adopt due to estate claims as an example why they might be advised to do conservatorship ( just guessing as an example )

He was in foster care basically his whole life. He got into that private high school on his own. He was recruited after he had already demonstrated superior athletic talent. He only met the Touhys around 16 after he was already getting a ton of recognition regionally. He left for college at 18. Sounds like he was friends with the brother and the family took him in to help him out with getting into a good college program.

The Touhy’s did a really nice thing but they shouldn’t have pushed it so far as to have him call them his parents. Rather they should have made it clear they were just being a nice Christian family and helping a struggling kid out. They should have ended the conservatorship as soon as he got into the NFL.

2 Likes

When the pretend mom was on the field coaching the team, it was at that moment I knew it was complete BS.

Had a good laugh though.

The world is a stage.

I thought Sandra looked her best in the Blindside. Yum.

1 Like

His mom was a crackhead with 12 kids. That’s not a joke, that’s the real story. His dad died in prison. He was homeless with bad grades and no hope of “making something of himself” unless someone stepped in.

One detail that shouldn’t be overlooked is that the head coach of the high school Oher was playing for was Hugh Freeze. Hugh was from Oxford, Mississippi. The Tuohy’s both attended college in Oxford at Ole Miss. Sometimes when you can “deliver” top prospects to a college, they reward you with a position on the coaching staff. That appears to be what happened with Freeze. After he was able to deliver two of his players…Michael Oher and Greg Hardy…Ole Miss gave him a job. He had that position for a few seasons and then had to go away for a little bit. When he came back to become the head coach at Ole Miss, he got into trouble with the NCAA for paying players. He obviously didn’t pay them out of his own pocket, he used wealthy donors who were sports nuts like the Tuohy’s. The father played basketball at Ole Miss and was a low pick in the NBA draft. The mother was a cheerleader at Ole Miss.

He had a very serious GPA problem on his hands. He needed the structure of the homelife the Tuoy’s brought in order to dig himself out of the deep ditch he was in. And this isn’t to say it had to be the Tuoy’s. He could have crashed with me at my house and gotten similar structure. And my parents were just regular working class folk.

This is the part of the story where I give them zero benefit of the doubt. Hugh Freeze was his head coach. Hugh is from Oxford, Mississippi. Oher ends up living with a couple who are sports nuts that went to Ole Miss in Oxford, Mississippi. This was an arranged marriage IMO, and Oher was being groomed to attend Ole Miss. Another tidbit is that the school that Oher was attending and that Hugh Freeze was coachiing at is the same school the mother went to when she was younger.

4 Likes

Look,

If Chuck Rogers got in with his GPA problem and his other GPA problem (Ganja Puffing Always) 25 years ago, Oher was gonna get in somewhere. I mean, Ole Miss is no MSU, but yeah…it’s not like a place a bunch if tiers down wouldnt take a chance, (See A. Brown works his way down to Mt. Pleasant).

Did not know this. Hugh Freeze is an asshole and a ■■■■-stick.

1 Like

@Mr.Peabody the walking, talking, typing human encyclopedia. Appreciate the context & information!

2 Likes

That was part of my point and also thanks for the BTS on the blind side. This is probably a tale among many

1 Like