The Brad Holmes draft appreciation thread

11 Likes

You already have 3 all pro players from those drafts. With st brown, Gibbs and branch likely not far behind. Plus borderline pro bowlers in iffy and McNeil. Add in big upside guys like Campbell and jamo and I’d say he’s doing a sporting good job so far. I approve.

5 Likes

Appreciate you, Brad!

4 Likes

Hope your half brother feels the same…
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Jerry Jacobs wasn’t “drafted” until the “8th Round.”

3 Likes

I won’t be surprised if Barnes becomes a name after next season.
Yes @Cap, I believe he will become a stud.

1 Like

Brad Holmes is a man on a mission. His passion has helped change this organization. Building this team thru the draft with a great eye for talent. He’s gonna bring us a championship.

3 Likes

I appreciate him a ton and being lockstep with DC is just icing on the cake!

5 Likes

I found this video earlier. It’s a good piece. Brad has been everything as advertised and has definitely worked hard to make good on his goal.

Check this out -

3 Likes

And with all those picks and this season’s success, he’s also turned DET from a free agent no-go into a legit option for top-tier talent. Keep building through the draft and sprinkle in a few studs in free agency. Rinse and repeat.

6 Likes

Barnes & Campbell both.
I can’t wait to see what Bro-Mart evolves into. Those cats playing behind…
Hutch/Alim/Bro-Mart/Maxx
…with a Iffy/Branch/Joseph
CJGJ?
Vildor? what is his ceiling?

2 Likes

Idk, Barnes seems to me that he is someone that will be solid but never a “stud” or superstar. He’s just kind-of a middle of the road player and will always be. Hopefully I’m wrong.

You are :crossed_fingers: I like his speed and size. I think the game will come to him by NY.

What “splash” plays has he made?
Interceptions, sacks, fumble recoveries?

Once AG leaves Barnes will finally get his chance

2 Likes

How quickly I forget that he’s beingvheld back.

Dude we covered this already. Get with the program. :laughing:

Also Brad Holmes…

curb your enthusiasm GIF

2 Likes

I think it’s safe to say Barnes play this year has improved considerbly over LY. It is my belief next year he will take a major step up as well.
It took Iffy a while to become the player he has evolved into, I can foresee a similar fate with Barnes. Again :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Only if Sheila sells the team.

1 Like

Thanks, Brad!