The Cuts Have Begun!

Woods and Goff have a connection…hmmmmm could be quite cheap!?

Lewan is a great player, but is just always injured.

4 Likes

Lewan has had some character concerns in the past. Id pass.

2 Likes

Yea we don’t need a tackle anyways. Woods is interesting though. Holmes and Goff connection. He’s only 30, might come cheap. He had some big years with Goff throwing him the ball.

3 Likes

I think Woods at this stage of his career is too similar to ARSB. I know he plays outside more but he couldn’t get open at all last year. Granted he was only a year removed from the ACL tear and could bounce back, but my hunch is he’s moved more permanently into the slot.

Good leader though, so if Brad & Co thinks he brings a lot that way, I’m fine with it. But that’s why they paid Brockers too and that one didn’t look so great on the field at least.

5 Likes

Is Bullock better than what we have?

2 Likes

Yea, I wouldn’t pay him big money or anything. But, he might be a savy vet on a 1 year deal type of thing. He’s had multiple 1000 yard seasons with Goff tossing him the ball. Also BJ has talked about using St. Brown all over the field and not just in the slot. It’s interesting because I think Woods will be far cheaper than Chark. Completely different type of player for sure. And known to be a great locker room guy.

Jamo, Woods, St. Brown, Reynolds and Kalif. That’s a strong unit IMO

2 Likes

Still haven’t given up on Cephus.

runs…

7 Likes

If woods would play for 6-7 mil I’ll take him. He isn’t really a fit with what we have at WR, but the familiarity with Goff and his leadership makes sense.

Adding a WR like this takes the pressure off having to get one in the draft.

4 Likes

I bet the Bears throw money at Lewan

2 Likes

I’d sign Woods to come off the bench. Amon-Ra is really really good, but it would certainly help him if Woods could come in for a play or two and give him a breather. Also what if something happens to him a la Seahawks, Patriots, and Cowboys games last year? You can never have too much depth at WR IMO.

4 Likes

But would he want to come off the bench? He’ll probably have some suitors that make him starting offers.

1 Like

And good for him, because those teams are stupid. I don’t need him that badly.

I’m not saying he won’t get those offers, but I really wouldn’t want my team to be the one to make him a starter, because his age is definitely starting to show.

Agreed, but I could still see it happening. The WR market is just so skimpy.

3 Likes

I would bet Lewan goes to Bengals….they need a OL and he is connected w people there.

4 Likes

That’s actually a good call. If it’s a one or two year deal. They can’t afford to bring in guys past 2024.

The bears are getting one of the top tackles on the market. That’s a lock if you are a betting man. Maybe McGlinchey

1 Like

Thanks, just a guess.

And yes. The bears are signing EVERYONE. All that money and all that need. Let’s just hope they overspend on bad talent. :joy:

So Excited Reaction GIF

4 Likes

Unless he’s permanently slower, I’d take Woods over Josh Reynolds and kalif…

4 Likes

Some of its going to be good. But yeah they are gonna have to overpay for everyone. They are probably the favorite to land Hargrave.

I can see the Bears having a quick turnaround. Bringing in a handful of starters to go along with that 1st overall pick that they probably won’t keep.

1 Like

What other teams can we expect a butt load of cuts from?

Hope they do, he’s missed the majority of the last 2 out of 3 seasons. The Bears should give him a 5 year deal to protect Fields worth 100 million! Why wait, do it today!

3 Likes