The Detroit Pistons are bereft of hope. No place in professional sports is worse

How much does Monty earn per win this year? Going to be a record setting number

It started with Luke Kennard over Donovan Mitchell

1 Like

It started with Mr Davidson’s daughter…really.

Maybe Hailburton was the easy pick for you but it was far from a no brainer for most.
He was known as a very high floor pick but with not as much upside as some others in the Pistons range. You’re right that some had Hali top 4 but there was also another group that had him towards the bottom of the top 10 due to limited upside. Obviously it was a major fail by Weaver in hindsight but most were ok with Hayes at the time.
As far as Ivey is concerned, I saw the tantalizing upside so I was on board with the pick but was always concerned about the fit but, again, Sharpe was a big mystery box coming into the draft. Nobody knew anything about him outside of high school tape and some practice scrimmages,

In any event, they might as well just go for the record losing streak at this point because…there’s essentially no other reason to watch the Pistons at this point.
And to think that from roughly 1985-2010, this was a top 5 NBA franchise with multiple long championship level runs and even the Teal Era with Hill, Stackhouse etc. had some exciting seasons with young talent and 45-50 win teams. Ever since Gores took over, the franchise has sunk into an endless abyss.

1 Like

https://x.com/HonoluluBlues_/status/1745971500149096573?s=20

At least it looks like they’re going to win tonight.

Uh Huh Sure GIF

after this i turned them on expecting a 20 point lead. They’re up by two in the fourth. They will lose.

Only 2? They were up 11 not too long ago. Man this team is horrible.

Yeaahhhh, no lead is safe.

They will end up winning like 11-13 games this year.

Get the 3rd pick in a trashpile draft

Have a ton of cap space for FAs that wont come here.

And end up with a young new guy who is maybe a decent starter on a good team and a niche FA like Bojan, who recycles Bojan, who recycled Grant (maybe it’ll be Grant to recycle Bojan!) plus some 10th man schmucks like Burks, Morris amd Harris.

Gores will say the fans are ridiculous as he pays Mo Williams $12m to play the wrong guys in the wrong sets again.

GIF by Groundhog Day

1 Like

Pistons score 19 in the 4th, lose by 2.

Monty Williams is a gigantic fraud.

No Cade, no Bojan and Killian gets 28 minutes to score 4 points, brick city Ivey takes 18 shots while Knox leads the team in scoring with 19 on 9 shots.

Its all bad. Let the hot dog vendor coach and get the urinal cake replacer guy to draft next year.

■■■■ this org

2 Likes

He does have nice paychecks which in a way (the important one :man_shrugging:) makes him a successful coach

That contract :scream:

That’s one of the reasons why I can’t stand Killian Hayes. He will do stupid shit a couple of times a game. I’ve never seen a player like him. The self worship must be so great that he blanks out on doing the little things. Time after time. Like he got a hold of a good bag right before tip Off.

At this rate, they’re going to surpass the 1972-1973 Philadelphia Sixers who rumbled, bumbled, and stumbled to a 9–73 (.110) record.

I can’t possibly see how Bojan doesn’t demand a trade by the deadline. He looks so infuriated.

According to the box score, their largest lead was 6.

I simply cannot watch this team. They have the backbone of a jellly fish.

https://twitter.com/JLEdwardsIII/status/1745991755743351079?t=0dzAB4dGPETEG1GYXlk1tw&s=19

They had 3 double-digit leads through the 3rd quarter.

1 Like

The Lions already tried that…

Episode 2 Nbc GIF by The Office

1 Like

I’ve been placing some good bets for and against the Pistons (mostly against). Last night I took these losers +9 and hit again.

1 Like

sorry, can’t always trust espn i guess.