The DT we just drafted when you read you will see Why

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10068234-brodric-martin-nfl-draft-2023-scouting-report-for-western-kentucky-dl

2 Likes
16 Likes

Excellent call!!

4 Likes

jeebus… 34.5 inch arms at 6’4.5” tall… and all that bulk……

7 Likes

Imagine ever doubting Brad

2 Likes

Snipped from Reddit:

PFF lists him as one of their top draft sleepers

Martin is a discount store version of Jordan Davis, last year’s first defensive tackle drafted. He has egregiously long arms (34 3/8 inches) for an over 7-foot wingspan and holds 337 pounds with ease. He’s got all the makings of a two-gapper at the next level. He took a massive step forward with his performance this past fall, racking up 23 pressures and earning a 77.5 pass-rushing grade.

https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/1601335684844773377

Scouting Report: Strengths

• ⁠Big-bodied rusher with very good upper-body strength. Strong and stout at the point of attack with the measurables to occupy multiple blockers.
• ⁠Martin has the strong core and powerful hands to shed blockers, and Martin shows excellent instincts with the ability to quickly locate the ball.
• ⁠He’s very instinctive when it comes to countering and solid with overall hand usage.
• ⁠He has the heavy hands and upper-body strength to win with power. Martin drops his weight and anchors well against the run, holding up at the point of attack and capable of occupying double teams.
• ⁠Arguably his best skill due to an extraordinary burst off the snap. Explodes out of his stance, demonstrating a burst upfield to slip gaps and the lateral agility once past the line to chase down the quarterback.
• ⁠His hand use is excellent; he’s strong in the upper body and consistently swats away blockers.

Scouting Report: Weaknesses

• ⁠He’ll typically go to a bull rush but lacks the suddenness to generate a push. Martin doesn’t show anything in the way of counters once he’s stopped in his initial rush.
• ⁠Isn’t able to consistently shed blocks and makes plays in the hole.
• ⁠Needs to keep his pad level low; pops upright and plays too tall, struggling to maintain leverage off the snap.

6 Likes

Again, not questioning the player - just the value. Common theme in this draft!

Makes a lot of sense for the Lions if Alim is slimming down and moving to the 3T.

4 Likes

Agree. I think he was projected to be a 7th round pick

1 Like

4 Likes

The two NT Martin an Jones 3 tech McNeill an Buggs with Pascal an Hutch on ends along with commish an the having Harris proven pro an Romeo also proven pro working edges also an the Houston as the rush LB I think they also get Barnes back to what he played in college a edge rusher like Houston

1 Like

If he ends up being our DJ Reader who phucking cares.

13 Likes

ESPN has him as the 154th best prospect. Puts him squarely in the 5th round

2 Likes

I was just about to say I don’t think he makes it out of the 5th. Clearly we had concerns about another team.

1 Like

I will say it’s been an interesting Holmes draft. I think this one is a case of him having so many 5th rd picks he said screw it, trade them and get the guy I want now, not take a risk in the 5th

1 Like

there is NEVER any accurate ratings for NT guys.

EVER.

They are always undervalued by the “gurus”……

6 Likes

yeah def had a feeling another team was gonna get him

I think Browns going Ika is prolly why lol

Glad they took a big ugly 1 tech DT finally…but man, they gave up 3 picks to move up to 96, and by all accounts he more than likely would have been there at 122 or later…gotta trust Brad, if the player does what we need him to do, then it’s a good move.

1 Like

Pretty much this

maybe they thought he was gone by our fourth is my guess

it was alot to move up for him

2 Likes

Brad definitely has shown he’s willing to overdraft a DT. (LEVI)

All this kid needs to do is be a run-stuffing monster and he will improve this defense 5x. The Lions were not great against the run and adding Martin, Branch, and Campbell shows that the Lions really wanted to improve that.

9 Likes

13 Likes