The future of the offensive coordinator position is one of the most critical issues facing the Lions

Here are his replies to the questions. The link will play from the correct spot:

I have a tremendous amount of respect for how he handles himself.

5 Likes

Joe Brady

hope they didn’t sign him to an 8 year contract too

I’m more worried about losing Glenn and Pleasant than who the next OC is. We have a good foundation to run the ball and with an off-season to add some legit playmakers whoever the next OC is will be set up nicely.

3 Likes

Yes, that’s impressive. That situation for Lynn is a turd test, and his mature response while keeping his focus on the team and in the moment speaks volumes for him.

3 Likes

In the “sights and sounds” video when St. Brown and AJ Parker walk into the locker room, Lynn is standing there and is one of the first to congratulate them.

Whatever the issues are with him, it’s cool to see him still there in the locker room encouraging the guys.

We’ll see what happens at OC next year…

3 Likes

Agreed, saw that too! It shows A.Lynn is a standup dude even after the demotion, he still cares about his players. I respect that.

3 Likes

Absolutely. Whatever the situation is now, the lions are proving to be better for it, and he’s still apart of the staff… really respect how Campbell has handled everything this year… has it been perfect? Not at all, but, he’s growing and developing and learning his team… and everybody is still all in it seems

2 Likes

Treating people like equal men with respect and humans is what matters!

So many coaches dictate, that’s not Dan Campbell!

I’m starting to sound like @BigNatty - lol

5 Likes

Hahahaha well, I think we can all take a page out of the book of @BigNatty !

But yeah, the whole collaborative approach to the front office is kind of reflected too… the structure they are setting up is not as crazy as it may have sounded at first… let’s just hope we see the pay off! But I think we will…

“Welcome To Detroit” needs to be a Lions t-shirt!!!

2 Likes

Word!:muscle::zap::fire:

3 Likes

Shane Waldron - (Seattle Seahawks)

2017 - TE Coach (L.A.Rams)
2018 - promoted to passing game coordinator
2019-20 - promoted to QB coach
2021 - Hired by Seattle as first time Offensive Coordinator

2021 was not a good year for Shane Waldron and the Seahawks Offense. The honeymoon may already be over after 1 season. (Link)

Could this be a potential hire for Campbell and Holmes? Seems like it could be a good fit, having been Goff’s QB coach for 2 years.

It’s possible as you look at their connections……but not to beat a dead horse, Really believe the OC is already on the team as a coach.

If there’s a guy out there at a guru level I could see that guy becoming the Lions OC
But then you almost have to make Johnson Passing Coordinator

After all they had him do since the bye and the relative success since then, it may be a slap in the face to not give him the OC role.

Seems anyway …

1 Like

First - I can’t read the article; I’m not a subscription or email guy….

Second - the premise of the article is not true imho. Why fix that which has already been fixed and working well - unless you do it in such a way to make if even better.

One thing I already see in DC and Holmes is…. Change must have purpose and you don’t do it just to look good….

And I love what Lynn said in the video: stay in the present!!

That is recovery 101 shit right there…

I starting to think the whole crew has a active and successful recovery program!

I always tell people that some of The best leadership and followership you will find is in individual’s who have been in and are successfully doing their recovery program!!

2 Likes