The "It must be June" Taylor Swift thread

Only one of the greatest songs of all time:

2 Likes

Haha so much better than her actual music!

3 Likes

I lied, she sold 2 for $3,400 and they are behind the stage in Denver.

1 Like

You should be able to sleep with her at that price!

3 Likes

Bro, I would charger her more than that if we slept together. You keep getting it backwards. Bald guy privileges.

2 Likes

This is a bad take.

You can not like the genre but I’m here to stan her quality. Her shit is next level good.

3 Likes

I’m honestly not sure if you are serious or not. No judgement from me if you’re serious, I like all kinds of different music, her music just aint for me.

1 Like

Plus she is the only celeb (smaaaht) to have told FTX literally…

"Explain to me how this is not an unregistered security "

Oh, you cant?

Get screwed Im out.

18 month later Brady, Shaq and a hundred other celebs are gettibg their asses sued offr from the pimping of BS altcoins and NFT vapor

6 Likes

Yeah…She’s my ungettabe get.

She’s got some most excellent fricken moxie.

2 Likes

Honestly, any guy who dates her should be looking for a kick back on the songs she writes after you give her “inspiration”.

2 Likes

LOL - She needs to write a couple of songs about why she continues to be an energetic match for dismissive avoidant men.

2 Likes

Lecrea:

I promise you don’t wanna go through it (Take it from me)
You don’t want no problems (You don’t want no problems)
You don’t want no problems (You don’t want no problems)
You don’t want no problems G
Find yourself in the obituary column sheet

1 Like

Taylor Swift owe’s Detroit.

3 Likes

I do not get anything about Miss Swift. The prices people pay is insane. Sorry to Nate et al, but she is of marginal talent and albeit cute, nothing special.

5 Likes

Sure, and I personally don’t get anything about Kanye before or after dude melted down but look at the dough he brought in. What I do know is life would be pretty boring if we all liked the same art, the same wine, the same music, etc. I’m a “Vive la difference”, type. When it comes to music I know right away whether I like it and hearing it repeatedly isn’t likely to change my mind. Not true with art though, after years of not really appreciating Modigliani, I have become an admirer. I think your belief that Miss Swift is of marginal talent really says more about you that it does about her.

2 Likes

vocal talent - very low
song writing, relatability and entertainment prescience - through the roof.

1 Like

This is true.

Never meant to diss the lady herself. To start off with, I abhor modern country (as well as hard core rap). Then some counter with, oh she’s more of a cross genre artist. Well, I’m sure as hell not going to listen to her entire discography to find out. Seen her on TV a few times and listened to some of her tunes. Funny you mentioned Kanye because I put him in the same boat, along with a few other bubble gum artists. Won’t mention names because I’ve ruffled enough feathers for one day.

Also true is taste varies from person to person, especially music wise. I consider myself having broad listening tastes and enjoy many different styles, but there are a few artists that I really don’t like. To further bury myself, I’ll add “The Beatles”. Now not musically, like at all. It is just my age. I had them crammed down my throat very early. Starting with that Saturday morning cartoon series. Couple that with three older sisters who are/were diehard fans. Just saying I was burned out on them being overplayed for decades. But I do own and listen to “Rubber Soul” and “Revolver”.

My favorite artist is Frank Zappa. So I can’t think of artist as polar opposite than Taylor. Now, fire away…

2 Likes

Frank is great, ever listen to Larry “Wildman” Fischer? Frank discovered him on the streets selling songs fora dime. I had this album, not sure if I do anymore. Talk about something that’s not for everyone.

2 Likes

I’m not that fond of her music and as a professional singer she’s not overly talented. But hey to each their own. Everyone’s tastes are different.

I like a wide range of artists myself and find some artists have an allure to their style. I like a lot of lesser known artists. Especially ones who have a unique style or perspective. For me Swift is way too commercial in her music and there’s nothing about her vocals that are awe inspiring. But commercial type music sells I guess. Nothing original, innovative or special about her in my book so I wouldn’t pay high ticket prices to see her.

Beetles however set a ton of music trends and their music is wide ranging. But I get what you’re saying. I tend to skip the beetles in my playlists because I’ve just heard their music so much that it gets a little old.

2 Likes

A.J. Hawk predicted last week Swift will be dating Rodgers soon! So everyone will hate her soon. :smile:

1 Like