The Joy of Getting out of "Sports Fan Prison"

All of this stuff is like we are getting out of sports fan prison, when we thought we had been serving a life sentence…Now we’re getting a second chance at life (as a Lions fan), & the entire rest of our life is looking spectacular, when we thought we would be in for life.

This is like an Andy Dufrain/Shawshank Redemption moment for me…
The first time I saw Coach Dan speak, I got “the feeling.”
Now, it feels like watching the Pistons build up to their championship years.

I strongly felt this way in Campbell’s first year. I KNEW IT, in watching hi second year. I was SO happy watching how we played the Bills on Thanksgiving. That was “My moment” when I shifted form 95% sure we would be a contender …to…“how many titles will we win?”

How are you guys experiencing this?

Hoping for some creative, fun, funny spin.

12 Likes

So we are breaking out of prison and moving to Mexico! See you fellas on the beach. :wink:

6 Likes

It’s feels great for sure. The vibe of the Den IMHO is better than it’s ever been before.

Competence, Cohesiveness, Culture, Camaraderie, Creativity, Competitiveness, Creed…these are quite real from what I C…next is Championship.

2 Likes

Yes but we aren’t there yet! We have escaped through the hole in the wall and are almost out of the giant crap tube.

3 Likes

Being a Detroit sports fan since 2016 has definitely been like being in prison.

5 Likes

The Shawshank Redemption Film GIF

4 Likes

I remember watching Dan’s presser at my desk at work. I watched the first 15 minutes or so, then listened to the next hour plus as I “worked”. I was totally excited and on board after the opening comments. But it was the rest of his presser and how he explained his philosophies and his candor that made me feel like there might be quite a bit more to this guy than bravado.

3 Likes

shawshank redemption film GIF

1 Like

W’re out, bro. Boat isn’t quite built yet…we’re sailing soon. Just gotta get the boat right.

3 Likes

Love it, man!

God Damn right…Get busy living…or get busy dying.

Andy was free, even while in prison, guys. He kept building his life, especially from the inside
Shawshank can’t hold Coach Dan

1 Like

This is a seriously amazing post

I’ve been in solitary since '79 and you nailed it

4 Likes

wonder if we can get a Peiro’ like the ones on Swamp People?

Can we change The Nickname of our Lions emblem from Bubbles to Fuzzy Britches??

What say you Fuzzy Britches???

2 Likes

“Speed kills, Peaches.”

1 Like

The question is which moment?

Are we about to get jumped in the shower?

the shawshank redemption GIF

1 Like

Not out yet though. Hopefully soon. All the good vibes gotta translate to wins. But I can’t deny I’ve been envisioning how a playoff victory at my house will go. I should probably be alone…

1 Like

I’m hoping it’s when no one notices that Lions have new shiny shoes…

Then the shit breaks wide open.

Our fan base has had to crawl through a river a shit long enough, I’m looking forward to Coming out Clean on the other side.

Shawshank Redemption Andy GIF

1 Like

Either way → we know the ending …SUPERBOWLZ!