The Lamar Jackson saga is weird

Who is a Lamar Jackson away from the SB?

1 Like

49ers? @1CasanovaJack

4 Likes

Betting on himself is literally what he is doing right now. If he didn’t believe in himself he would have already accepted a deal.

2 Likes

Maybe Lamar’s agent just isn’t doing a good job for his client.

1 Like

On top of all the complications in getting Lamar $250M, and two 1st round picks. You also have to consider that these GMs don’t want to piss off all of the agents, i bet all GMs try to form good relationships with agents.

2 Likes
  1. you have to give up 2 1st’s to sign him.
  2. no one wants to negotiate Baltimore’s contract for them.
  3. no one wants to be a dumbass and give a massive 100% guaranteed contract to anyone, much less someone who MIGHT have sat out as a negotiating ploy/protest for a contract?
  4. who wants to deal with a dumbass that represents himself on a potentially mega contract?
  5. who wants to piss off every agent they will ever deal with in the future?
  6. who wants spend a ton of money on a Ferrari that will likely spend more time in the shop than on the road due to the way it is driven?
2 Likes

He can’t throw the football. He has regressed without argument from his 2019!!! MVP. That is forever ago.

There are dozens of reasons why you shouldn’t pay Lamar. There isn’t collusion going on…he just isn’t a very good NFL QB. Is he tough to defend…absolutely…but if he has to throw and his opponent knows this, it’s night night. There are 30+ quarterbacks better at throwing the football. And that’s what matters above all.

Everyone knows if you have an athlete first QB…it doesn’t result in Championships.

Check this out! hmmmmmm

1 Like

Well, I disagree. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

He’s Mike Vick with Vince Young’s arm and Footbsll IQ.

SF is probably the best fit, but cap issues?

If you are looking at a year to gel then a 2024-26 window, then RedTeamCommanders, maybe Tampa?, woulda said Seattle or NOLA or Raiders but… too late.

Here is a noodle melter-Patriots. Ha!

2 Likes

Just to be clear, I’m not arguing that Jackson isn’t an excellent player. He is.

I’m also not arguing that the owners aren’t above trying to collude. While I think it would be difficult to actually pull off, that’s due to managing 32 headstrong individuals with “f you” money and attitudes, not some moral purity.

My point was that Lamar had been offered a top-of-market, fully-guaranteed deal that he rejected. It’s pretty tough to claim collusion to not offer a fully-guaranteed deal when one has already been offered.

2 Likes

[quote=“DeadStroke, post:12, topic:22425, full:true”]

I could not disagree with this more.
[/quote]

I agree with Deathstroke

1 Like

Sure, but how do they make an offer with no first round pick this year? And of course there’s the cap situation. What team is a LJ away from a SB that could check all the boxes it takes to get him?

2 Likes

I don’t see a grand conspiracy here. The NFL only cares about winning. They will sell their soul to win a Superbowl. Lamar has a really high opinion of himself. And that’s good. But he’s not going to be the guy to break records on a new contract. That would be Patrick Mahomes. People just aren’t that interested in investing big in Lamar Jackson, relatively speaking, I mean it would be big to me.

Now another twist
Just read an article that the NFL was contacted by the NFLPA and told a person is contacting teams and he is not a certified agent
Therefore they are not to talk to him in regards to Lamar

Look up about 5 or 6 posts

1 Like

Ah shit
That’s what I get for posting from my phone
Scrolled right by that

Now worries, bro. It’s easy to do.

If I was San Fran, I might consider doing one after the draft.

Getting Jackson this year for 2024 and 2025 1st rounders greater than Jackson this year for 2023 and 2024 1st rounders . . . but at the end of the day, Baltimore will match, so it won’t matter.

2 Likes

Couldn’t Lamar find someone to offer a one year team friendly sheet with a void year?

Would have to play out the year but then UFA next winter?

Not sure how that could look and I’m sure Baltimore would match. Is there any benefit to another team doing this?