The Lions (Might) Have a New Defensive Coordinator - Aaron Glenn

He never mentioned the and we haven’t hired one

1 Like

I am optimistic in the sense that its another former player who had a long career in the NFL, and already has a working relationship with our coach. Its going to help maintaining that vibe from the top. Its consistent in my mind.

3 Likes

We still have one: Bevell

2 Likes

It would be rare to keep someone like Bevell unless you are a man’s man without a big ego. So given our new head coach, its possible!

6 Likes

Yeah curious to see what happens there. I can see Bevell agreeing to stay on as OC and I would be happy if he did.

I do find it a bit telling that before the HC has been officially announced they’ve already gotten a DC, in that it shows the line of thinking and approach to the team… the offense wasn’t the problem. The defense was DEFINITELY the problem.

3 Likes

They haven’t announced Dan or AG, it’s all “reports” right now

3 Likes

So what you are really saying is that the new coach could be Roosevelt Colvin for all we know officially?:rofl::rofl:

I like that combined Campbell and Glenn have 25 years of NFL playing experience. They have also been coaching in the NFL ever since retiring from playing. They clearly have a great deal of passion for the sport when they would have had lots of money already from playing and had no real need to coach.

And of course Spielman played a decade in the NFL as well. Looks like we are all in on former NFL players trying to change the losing culture that is the Detroit Lions.

Good luck fellas, you will need it!

4 Likes

I’d love to see them give him Asst HC/OC title and keep him

4 Likes

If we are planning to keep Stafford, I’d be fine with keeping Bev, especially considering the offense looked a lot better once we fired Patricia.

It’ll be interesting to see what Campbell does at OC.

3 Likes

Sign up Jones and/or Golliday - draft a baller, if one of 'em walks (first rounder?) and get it on, on Offense.

1 Like

I could definitely see that happening and would be fully supportive. The offense was not the problem on this team. The defense not being able to tackle a 30 year old cat with two legs and emphysema and constantly putting the O behind the 8-ball all the time was the overriding issue.

And let me clarify, a 30 year old cat with emphysema with 2 legs and also 100lbs overweight.

1 Like

Hey why you gotta bring me into this. And I am well into my 40s but thanks for flattering me!!!

2 Likes

Lol not sure if you were replying to me, but I meant an actual cat, not a “cat”! Lol, I was thinking about my old cat who got very fat and was not active. He did have all 4 legs though. And no emphysema that I know of hahaha.

I’m sorry dude!

1 Like

Don Shula too I think

I guess this is the part where people start hoping they hire a towel boy with experience? :laughing:

1 Like

Where have I heard this before? :thinking:

Maybe we should sign a solid player from NO to a top 5 contract for “locker room culture” and he can show our guys what the Patrio… I mean Saints way is all about…

1 Like

I wondered if it was THAT Aaron Glenn.
As a former CB, I wonder what his defensive philosophy is? I wonder if he knows the importance of a pass-rush to help your DB’s?

Seems like we are bringing in a lot of former NFL players to our coaching etc. Must be Spielman.

1 Like

If He can bring two D Players from Saints he should know how health is for Sheldon Rankins, DT (6-2, 305) he would be one i hope if healthy can bring. The other is Marcus Williams, FS (6-1, 195)
Williams is 25 an Walker is 25
Pair him with Walker 6-1 210 an we are solid in back of secondary

4 Likes