The Masters (added JG at the Masters, comments on DC playing Golf)

I love this week, Masters week, the first of the Majors yet I’m saddened as Syd isn’t here. So I watch I will enjoy but also saddened and yet he has a great seat.

Who ya got this week?

2 Likes

Is Bates kicking in it?

https://x.com/TheMasters/status/1778394490140528734

https://x.com/TheMasters/status/1778523305206796734

And that’s part of the reason why sheffler was a massive four to one betting odds as the winner by far the favorite

1 Like

Tiger even par through seven seven strokes off the lead but only three Strokes off of fourth place

1 Like

I always thought golf was boring but won’t lie… I watched some today and it was kinda peaceful.

Don’t get me wrong though…I’d much prefer a severe wind and lighting. .

gopher dancing GIF

Bro everything must be boring when you hang out with tigers

2 Likes

I love watching golf, think it is one of the tougher professional sports out there.
It is you against the field, and yourself; mentally tough. No team to rely on, no others to help or blame, it’s you.

2 Likes

https://x.com/BradGalli/status/1778762678967673198

JG interview starts at the 18:50min mark.

https://x.com/TheMasters/status/1778757153462866349

I built the second house ever occupied at “Hunters Ridge” in Marion Iowa, it’s where they hold the “Cedar Rapids Open”. Lived on the women’s tee box on 18 for 9 or 10 years, had to move because summer time was a non-stop party with carts littered around my back yard as people thru in the towel and wanted to drink on my screened in porch. Loved the house, but my daughters weren’t getting a realistic idea of what life was suppose to look like. Built one on the north end off the course and things slowed down.

Anyway, this is where Zach Johnson got his start. Zach was a nerdy guy who wasn’t even the best golfer on his college team at Drake University, but he wouldn’t give up. His dad was my wife’s chiropractor and he would kind of shake his head when asked about Zach’s intention to make a living playing the game he loved. Well, eventually he won the CR Open twice, got on the “Nationwide” tour and was the top money winner and got his PGA card as a result. The rest is pretty much history, won the Masters as well as the British Open as well as various other events. Had a rather poor try as the captain of the Ryder Cup team, too bad if that’s how he’s remembered but getting the nod just showed how well thought of he was by his peers.

He likely won’t make the cut as I speak, he’s 4 over prior to his start today and actually his play is usually better under poor conditions as he’s a great links golfer. We’ll see, good ambassador for the game in any case. Just a beautiful course, I have no dog in the fight just enjoy watching them play.

2 Likes

Jared is here. I live 15 minutes from Augusta National. We should hang out and talk about Brad’s draft plans.

Go now… hug Christen for me :laughing:

Season 4 Reaction GIF by The Office

1 Like

Some of toughest wind conditions at the Masters today than I have seen in a long long time.
Should be a fun two days.
Tiger Woods makes his 24th consecutive cut breaks his tie with Jack and Tom Watson(I think that was the third).

I second this. Rory going for the green on I think hole 13 (par 5) and it just missed by INCHES and bounced off the top of the drop off into the drink was insane. It would have been a perfect shot setting up a potential eagle and he just misjudged it by that much.

I saw that. Someone was getting ready to put and kept backing off during wind gusts, only to see his ball get blown 20’ or so down the green.
Wind has been crazy, we are 100mi from Augusta and it has been really windy the last 36-48hours here as well.

Yup. That last group might have had the worst wind today. Guys were just hitting it off the tee and immediately pointing right or left on several holes.

Damn, memory sucks, Woods breaks the tie with Fred Couples and Gary Player.

SS seems to be putting better (just 1 short miss). He is going to be tough to beat.