The media is wrong more than the weatherman

I listen to the Huge Show on the way home, only can stand him in bits and pieces but he’s been having Jeff Risdon on more and I’ve grown to enjoy Risdon’s takes.
Risdon was ver high on Christian Mahogany and loved that the Lions got him, said he would have been fine if the Lions had taken him in the 2nd round. Huge asks him why we were able to get Mahogany in the 6th round and Risdon replies, “well, he’s not very athletic and he doesn’t get to the 2nd level”.
Now I’m no scout and I don’t pretend to be one and I’m probably not going on the radio to pretend I am one…but watch Mahogany’s tape and he consistently gets to the 2nd level, in fact I would have said it was one of his strengths, and his RAS Score is in the upper 96%.

Take caution in who you listen to these days I guess. A lot of BS’ers out there spewing misinformation.

2 Likes

His tape was a confusing watch because while he flashed his obvious athleticism at times, Risdon’s not wrong to say at others he looked labored. I expected him to test well though, you see enough eye-opening plays on tape to realize he must have plenty of juice in his bag. But why didn’t it show up all the time? Hard to say.

Though maybe this one-leg-longer-than-the-other rumor had something to do with it.

And even when it didn’t show up, his power was still overwhelming.

1 Like

Hahahahah!!!

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

How dare you insult hard working weathermen like that…

Animated GIF

2 Likes

So much opportunity in this post, so little time.

1 Like

I do think the thing that separates players is consistency. The best players never seem to have a bad down. The never take a play off. The effort and focus is always there.

Maybe that is part of the issue. Who knows but the Lions and the NFL will sort that out for him. He will either grow or die. This league is rough.

Looking at the roster it is crazy what has happened in 3 years.

How many dudes are left from pre-MCDC? Ragnow, Decker, AA?, Walker (is he back for sure?), and Fox? Is that it? Am I missing someone?

1 Like

AA wasn’t here pre-MCDC was he? I thought they brought him with them (basically) from New Orleans.

So for sure Ragnow, Decker, Fox were all here. Let me do some AA research.

So yep he came with AG. So only 3 for sure. Unless Walker is signed that will be it.

What is crazy is realizing that all 3 could be gone in 2 years. Not likely but possible.

Regardless, in 3 years only 3 players remain.

I said from day one it was a rebuild to the studs. A lot of fans didn’t like hearing that, but it was the only way to get from where we were to where we are.

3 Likes

In the same post, you state how much you like Risdon’‘s opinion and then follow up by saying, be careful who you listen to because…you don’t like one of his opinions. Complete head scratcher. The fact is none of us know what Mahogany is going to turn into. Not one of us. Every other GM didn’t think he was worth anything better than a sixth round pick but because you can’t find any flaws in his game, the “media” are idiots. This constant bashing of the media is not only draining but dangerous. Not just in sports, but in all other walks of life that are truly important. What Risdon offered was an opinion… not absolute fact.

2 Likes

You are correct.
Alxo - they had to bring Fox back…the consequence of doing anything else were too great…plus…you’re an idiot if you don’t

Here is how I handle the media…
Rules of thumb to live by, if you dig truth…
#1 If they speak highly of the lions, brad, dan, etc…believe it…repost it, use it as proof
#2 If they speak lowly of the lions, brad, dan, etc…immediately discard it

2 Likes

He has a tendency to run in circles.

2 Likes

thats media for u lol. But Mahogany is more inconsistent than anything so maybe that’s what he meant

1 Like

His 2021 tape is much more interesting imo. That’s what made everyone think he could be a first rounder. Then he got hurt early in 2022 and missed the whole season, and he was more hit or miss this year as he came back. I think his best days are ahead of him.

3 Likes

Everyone knows where i stand with Risdon. He isn’t always right, and he will be the first to tell you that. He knows ball. All the respected talking heads on espn were saying manu wasnt athletic and thats why he was a reach…when clearly he is athletic. I’d cut risdon some slack. We talked after holmes went off on the media to end the year. Yes, carlos sucks, many guys in the media room don’t like him, but an unintended casuality of brad’s words were guys kike risdon and rogers getting an onslaught of hate mail about how much they suck at their jobs. And rizz is so diehard supportive of this regime so it stinks when be gets caught in the crossfire. They are human just like us all and no one wants to get shit for their jobs. Rizz has a big heart and he is the kind of dude that if you reach out and say you appreicate him and his work he responds and thanks you bc it actually means a lot to him…he cares…alot. personally, ive learned a lot from jeff…

3 Likes

when they start culling/trimming players down to the final, there could-be some hard losses.

1 Like

I’d expect some of these young guys to have “mysterious injuries” and the team to once again be very liberal of their use of PUP and IR. It allows them to stay on the roster and work out every day. They just aren’t able to practice, which is fine, they are able to get stronger and learn.

I thought they changed the rules to give teams less incentive and make it harder to do that.