*** The Official We Need to Draft JSN Thread ***

Why because I blew it on a heisman post?

That has zero bearing on anything just trying to counter one of the grabbing at straw points about his QB play

Really?

Still doesn’t mean we should take him
It’s not a fit

That’s our point that you don’t want to grasp.
It’s not like we don’t like him , we do

We don’t want WR at 6
We don’t see him as a fit
We see a better player at that specialize roll

It’s literally the same exact thing when I was high on OCyrus at 18 and you guys didn’t think so for the exact same reasons we are saying now

1 Like

One had Kenny and Caleb one had Stroud

What are you talking about? A lot of holes? What holes? That he’s 4.48 vs 4.42?

No, I get it, I just disagree with you 100%.

If I believed JSN was slot only, I would agree.

But I don’t, which I made clear when I started the very first post on the subject back in early March:

Like most disagreements, this one is about evaluation. You have evaluated JSN as slot only, and that’s fine. I disagree, but that’s your prerogative.

But don’t take that evaluation and start to make stuff up about him, like he’s not athletic (not you, I know), or he only gets open because Olave and Wilson were double-teamed. Those are just false statements that don’t hold up to scrutiny. In fact he gets open many, many times when he’s the one being double-teamed.

My critiques of Addison have never not been true. He is small, outlier small. He did struggle with press on tape (from the outside). He did play with the Heisman trophy winning QB last year, and for a coach known for scheming guys open. He played with the #1 overall pick the year before that. You want to disregard those things, that’s your prerogative, but I have no idea why you wouldn’t take them into account. He literally played in two of the best situations a college WR could play in, that has to be evaluated. Now does that mean he won’t be able to succeed in the pros? Of course not. It’s just something that has to be evaluated.

2 Likes

That’s a fair post, I’ll give you that 100%
If he’s a Lion I hope your right
A+ @Thats2 as always

1 Like

He is 176 lbs soaking wet. His only asset is speed (4.40 40). He faced almost no press man coverage. He isnt a good route runner. He doesnt understand coverage schemes.

If you want him to go deep on every play he could do that0

Who? Kenny Pickett was not

Has enough length at 6’0” especially in comparison to the rest of this midget class, great broad/vert numbers, high catch rate, & plus production

Sorry, 1st QB drafted. #1 overall QB

1 Like

@Phunnypharm major swing in the debate back my way !!!

@Thats2 and anybody else that wants to chime in.

When I was told OCyrus at 18 was a no no. You gave me great other prospects to accomplish that role I was trying to fill.

I end up liking Mafi a ton. Other guys I wouldn’t mind McFadden & Sow & Zavala late

I still like Ekyoior, Olewatini, and Stromberg…guys I’ve actually watched in the SEC & U of M

Can you do that for JSN? Who can we draft day 2 / day 3 to play this role if we don’t him day 1

I like Tillman , Addison, Hyatt …and then Mingo and Boutte who isn’t a locker room fit

But none seem to be “that guy” in that role … so who do you all recommend?

Personally I find the idea that Ben Johnson would lack the creativity to get the most out of both JSN and ARSB to be absurd.

2 Likes

I’ve never heard one person say that

1 Like

When people make the slot only comment that is what they are implying

2 Likes

Not even close

1 Like

How good is JSN at run blocking?

Does he have the “Dawg” in him?

Umm actually very, very, very close.

If not then what precisely is the reason for the redundancy concerns?

Maximizing draft capital and resources