The other Carter

What are the thought on Andre Carter II?

I see him all over the place in mocks and I think if we don’t get a DE earlier he would be a great pick

If this is the kid of the edge that came out of Cal years ago I am going to feel old.

He’s a major project, never been in a real strength and conditioning program. I expect him to put on about 30 pounds over the next couple of years. He’s got the gifts and the work ethic for sure, but he’s 100% pure projection. A luxury pick that some teams can afford, and we may be one of them. In fact might be the kind of edge we prefer since we’re pretty loaded at edge and he’s one for the future.

As was seen in the Senior Bowl he lacks functional strength right now. Always got stonewalled when he tried a bullrush. However he showed good hands. Rotational piece at best right now IMO.

If he slides down to 81 I’m down. Some really good edge is going to make it that far.

That line of thinking (project of the future) is why I’m wondering about dexter. Now it’s a position of need……but just seems like a great idea.

1 Like

Blue Jays hero, Joe Carter, shit I love this thread!!

Thx for reminding me guys. God bless the den members.

Ill draft any major dude who makes 7’3" Frenchmen eat his junk on worldwide TV, and it becomes the greatest posterizing ever…set to Celine Dion’s Titanic theme for your enjoyment.

I mean, Weis’ teammate Sciarra in panel 3 looks like he was 8 yrs old just watched something extremely inappropriate he can never unsee, and the last two views, Vin Baker’s face! Lol!

1 Like

Vince Carter is one of those weird guys that was all world in HS, pretty good in college and then all world as a pro. Weird and fairly rare combo.

Thing is, we’re loaded at DE. He’ll wind up getting poached off the practice squad, cause there’s no room for another DE on the active roster.

images

1 Like

Don’t they still have the practice squad designation where a guy can’t be poached? I think we have 2 of those or something like that.

1 Like

When I was 19 me and my friends went into Georgetown and made a day of it, in the evening we went to a restaurant for dinner and they really didn’t want us there so they put us in the back where people couldn’t see us….well 15 minutes later….Antwan Jamison and Vince Carter walk in for dinner and they HAD to go back to the same area as us bc they wanted privacy. The waiter tried to move us out to the front but Carter was awesome about it said to leave us alone, ended up sitting w us and covered our tab. Just told us stories for over an hour. It was epic……such cool dudes.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.