The Patriot Way is dead

In Detroit, we already knew that

7 Likes

Hard to argue. Brady was successful after leaving and the Patriot Way is a mile wide shit stain without him.

11 Likes

There is only one tom brady.

3 Likes

I think Bill was still an amazing coach. It wasn’t all Brady.

However Bill is like 75 years old. Trying to rebuild at that age can’t be easy. These NFL coaches work insane hours. Most guys his age are either dead or long retired.

9 Likes

Happy Chris Hemsworth GIF by Marvel Studios

After the first 4 or so years of the pats dynasty it became clear that Tom was the driver. Still they were amazing during the early Brady development years. Bill had a no name team full of old farts those first few years and Brady wasn’t leaned on much.
I think that Bill made Brady and then Brady made Bill if that makes sense

4 Likes

Assistants from Belichick’s time at NE:

Crennel HC Cleveland
Weis HC Notre Dame
McDaniel HC Denver and LV
Fatrica HC Det
Mangini HC Jets and Cleveland
O’Brien HC Houston

The last one was the only respectable one finishing around .500 over several seasons with Texans. All others were pretty much disasters.

3 Likes

The Patriot way was dead once Brady went to the Bucs.

1 Like

The way you said it makes perfect sense. Sometimes the creation becomes greater than the creator. Brady was along for the ride for the first Super Bowl. Sorry not sorry to anyone who thinks different. The guy had 90 yards in a Super Bowl and then led a field goal drive to win a championship. Here is the drive chart from Tom and the Pats offense. Its downright embarassing if you just look at the results. Its even more shitty if you look at the details. The one TD drive was on a short field and the first field goal was a possession they received already in field goal range.

3 Likes

Yep. I think the ‘Belichick isn’t a good coach’ narrative has gone too far. You need A LOT of things to go right to win a super bowl. You need an insane amount to go right to win 6. Not to mention all of the other years of winning their division or the NFC…

It’s not possible that it is all Brady. Belichick comes from a defensive background, and had some truly amazing, multiple-scheme defenses over the years. A QB can’t account for all of that, even if he is the GOAT.

I think people are really enjoying kicking while he’s down. And he may have passed his window for effective coaching. It happens to a lot of guys. But let’s not pretend he wasn’t excellent for many years.

1 Like

Josh McDaniels made an extra $70-80m just through his proximity to Tom.

5 Likes

Like the opposition throwing the ball on 3rd and goal at the 1 yard line instead of handing it off to Beast Mode?

1 Like

Exactly. Maybe the game has moved past him, but there is a reason he has all those rings and the colts only got one with Manning who I think we can view as the closest to a Brady equal.

1 Like

There are even more.

Joe Judge was a disaster. Flores in Miami was a shitshow. Bob Quinn. Lol so many teams have fallen for it.

Indeed.

There was a time where I thought they needed to consider renaming the Lombardi the Belichick. Not really, that’s hyperbole, but I did think that highly of Belichick during that era.

The lack of success for the Patriots and success of Brady after the split definitely changed my perspective on who was most responsible for that success.

1 Like

Yes of course, I limited my list to OC and DC only (and only during Patriots time, not Browns).
Those are the high-profile failures.

I think Flores was the exception. The Dolphins were trying to tank and he had a winning record in back to back seasons anyways.

1 Like

Yea the owner was allegedly trying to pay him to lose. Wild

3 Likes

3 Likes

Brady also felt like the GM at times.

Hey Gronk I’m unretiring you. Gronk says okay Tom.

1 Like