The Plan...Long term

We’re younger than the Rams though…and I think we’ll have a bigger window by doing it the way we are.
Also → did the rams have a similar cap situation to us?

1 Like

We have the exact same guy at QB…but they had him 5 years younger. Todd Gurley was the same age as Swift. Their backup RB to Gurley was younger than Jamal Williams. Cooper Kupp was a rookie, just like Jameson Williams. Robert Woods was younger than DJ Chark. Aaron Donald was only 1 year older than TJ Hockenson. We have Josh Reynolds…they had a 5 years younger Josh Reynolds. We have Michael Brockers…they had a 5 years younger Michael Brockers. They had a dynamic pass rusher named Robert Quinn. He was the same age as Tracy Walker, Will Harris and Charles Harris. They had a starting safety named Lamarcus Joyner that was the same age as all of those guys. The other starting safety was a rookie that was 5 years younger than those guys.

Absolutely nothing about the 2017 Rams pointed to them being older, established and primed to win. They made the moves anyways.

1 Like

Fans need to start to understand that future picks after rd 3 may not make it on 53 an just few make it to ST. It does not mean the draft picks were bad just couldn’t beat out what we have.

That does not mean a GM has slipped just means quality has to even be better. That will be a good spot to be in.

5 Likes

The Rams still had the same GM, it wasn’t a new regime. Holmes had to purge the crap that Quinn let into the building. Snead just kept his guys. The Lions are in a much different spot than where the Rams were in 2017.

3 Likes

Feels like Brockers is on his way out
Feels like a good chance Williams is gone
We shall see. You’ve named some key positions, for sure…but what aobut the rest of the team? Our team is young AF and it feels like they are getting younger. Can’t wait for next year’s rookie infusion.

Also - how was their cap situation?

I have nowhere near your cap knowledge, but I could sense the situation was very, very different.

The first thing Holmes had to do was deal with $100M of dead cap from the prior team running QB out of town and handing out great contracts to crappy players.

2 Likes

The team was young and they hadn’t accomplished a single thing in their entire short careers. Check out this offensive starting roster. The 2 guys over 30 were both brought in via free agency that season. This board would freak out if we were a team this young coming off of a 4-12 season and we signed a 36 year old LT. The same with the 32 year old center. Roger Saffold is like Taylor Decker, except Decker is better. They drafted him and he was 29 and going into his 8th season. Decker is 29 and going into his 7th season.

1 Like

Yeah so I got a good stare at work today when someone said “Isn’t that the same size as the one I’ve already got?” …and without thinking, guess what I said out loud.

Thanks Natty. Fortunately you didn’t get me fired, but you’re on notice haha

1 Like

LOVE THAT! LOL
Thanks for sharing, bro!
Surround yourself with brilliance…it wears off on you!

Why didn’t u use the Center oh that’s right just selective hand picking to support your point of view i understand

Lion all pro Center way younger got it
The Point is Dead stated it correctly we had to clean out all the bad contracts Rams didn’t have to do that.

Also how do you compare Donald to hock?

You may not like the Lion GM but the who staff an GM’s staff are working in the right direction.

1 Like

5 of 8 previous team captains.
They’re drafting grown ups. These men are here to play!
I’ll be totally shocked, if this team doesn’t at the very least contend for the division. Shocked!
That’s me curbing my optimism.
As hard as last years team played. We were only a few pieces away.
Guess what we just got?
A very solid passing game. A very solid run game.
Edge rushers out the…
A good core of DB’s, a few with Star capabilities.
If the defense is lacking, it will likely be at linebacker, but, the team around them should elevate them.
I see some real, true, potential everywhere I look.
This franchise passes the eye test, from top to bottom.
The stars have aligned!

1 Like

Because they brought that center in that year. Its literally the kind of move fans here would poo poo on if we made it. “OMG why are we bringing in these old dudes when we are still young and building the roster?”

The 2016 Rams were really young and when they transitioned into the 2017 season they made moves that many fans say you shouldn’t make until you start winning. They didn’t follow that logic, and they started winning.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.