The Rookies Have Reported

So, the rookies have reported… have any of them made the hall of fame yet?

On a serious note, who are you most looking forward to see in training camp/preseason out of the rookies!?

B. Martin

I know Gibbs, LaPorta, and Campbell will be contributors from day one, first two significant. I want to see what Martin has and how soon he can contribute.

4 Likes

Good call. See what the big fella can do vs Ragnow and the fellas on the O-line. I’d imagine he’s going to have a pretty big learning curve based on the low level of competition he faced in college.

1 Like

Well, he is going to have good teachers on that OL. It’s a position of need and faster he can contribute better the team will be.

1 Like

Although not a rookie, Alim is the guy I’m most excited to see this preseason now that he’s in great shape.

2 Likes

None of our rookies are going to the hall of fame. According to all the draft pundits they’re going to fail spectacularly because of where they were drafted.

3 Likes

Even if they become hall of fame players, who cares? The GM didn’t get good value for their draft position.

4 Likes

Great points guys! Should we fire Holmes now or midseason!?

Could wait for trade deadline….
because if he gives up a 5th round pick for a starting caliber player to fill a hole created by injury….

he NEEDS to go!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Gibbs , Jack Campbell , and LaPorta.

1 Like

It has to happen now before he gets us to raise our expectations too high.

Wow, we have officially survived the offseason.

So Excited Flirting GIF

6 Likes

Everyone forgets about Branch

We have 4 in draft could be super studs an very least solid starters.

Martin if he turns out half of what i have read we will be set at NT for years. I would also point out the OT that will likely be future ROG also could shock many fans,Sorsdal

4 Likes

Funny but I think Branch has HOF potential.
Out of all these players he is the one that I am most interested to see on the field.
Yes of course Gibbs for sure. And Campbell is going to be under a microscope early by this board. I am not a lover of TEs (mostly because TJ under performed IMO).
I can not wait for that first pre-season game. Man has it been a LOOOOOONG off season.

I also just realized the Lions took 2 off Iowa and 2 off Bama. That is insane. I apologize as I am sure this has been discussed at length on here. But that is crazy.

2 Likes

Of the 90 man roster, 6 dudes from Bama, 6 dudes from Notre Dame.

No, but Gibby was seen jogging to the practice facility on I 75 passing cars in a 70 mph zone

The draft picks, of course, but, Mo and Starling could turn out to be really nice pieces. Can’t wait to see them in action.

1 Like

Just TJ???

Pettigrew and Ebron paved the way for disappointment on 1st round TEs.

I don’t like taking TEs early… but I do like LaPorta as a prospect better than all 3 of the guys previously taken in the 1st round.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.