The truth about the Lions draft we all need to prepare for

It just seems like a draft where, on paper at least, the draft might fall in such a way where we can hit on needs with our top three picks quite easily.

While I don’t disagree with the notion of taking offensive line just because we are set, I think we should be drafting mid rounders that can be high quality backups with starter upside.

At the end of the day, no matter how good a lineman you draft, replacing a really good player with an even better player at the same position is not going to be a particularly impactful move in the short term.

Building a solid line from mid rounders is better than building a solid line from first rounders, if only due to opportunity cost.

1 Like

Just calling it as I see it

Things seem to be different, the answer to which Goff you’ll get next year should be obvious (a question kicked around by some) does anyone really believe talent around him doesn’t play a role? Oline especially

Somehow some way, you guys have to keep your A team on the field, the rest will fall in place

My guess is you draft D at a 2:1 ratio, with emphasis on the Trenches

1 Like

I’m not as sold on Lloyd as some are. In any case, he’s not in our realistic draft range, IMO. Maybe Dean’s size and mystery injury will slide him to us at #32…in my dreams.

I’m targeting our #66 for LB. I think one of Muma or Andersen or Chenal will be there and even if none are, there are other “leftovers” in that range that can pop.

I don’t want to build a dominate offense “yet”. we are a hell of a lot closer to that, than we are a nice defense.

what good is it to have a great offense, but when your defense takes the field they are mowed over with ease and we are scored upon again, again, and again with little resistance. …THEN your offense is out there twice as much and getting gassed faster than they ever would IF we had a defense. so NOW, your wonderful offense is wearing out AND you don’t have a defense worth a damn…and the whole team is mowed over and we lose…like we have been-anyway. you got to have SOME balance.
your defense stops the opponent from scoring—the offense we have, scores and beats them over the head with that 3…4…5 times? But FIRST, you have to have some strength on your defense !

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.