Theo Day, UDFA?

Maybe, good story, saw him play at Northern Iowa. To me, he’s still a project but he has talent but…

https://sports.yahoo.com/theo-day-thrived-northern-iowa-101535549.html

1 Like

I got ESPN+ just so the wife and I could watch him.

We are hoping he can catch on somewhere. Practice squad or anything. Super nice kid. Listen a 10-15 gig as a backup does not suck.

You know, he has the physical skills. I think with the right coaching there might be something. These people that are over the top with re to age, well, I’m not worried about Hooker, I’m not worried about any player who is “older”. We aren’t talking about first round picks here. Theo is a dice roll, but a PS guy, I’m in.

He can have ADRIAN MARTINEZ spot

They can fight for it

1 Like

But, Adrian Martinez doesn’t…
Oh.

He sucked at msu.

He thrived at Northern Iowa…

Actually not true. He did fine for the 5-6 plays he was actually on the field.

A more accurate comment might be " he never did anything at MSU or he was not good enough to get on the field" which I think his play at UNI proved he just needed a chance and/or maybe the B10 was a bit above his pay grade at that time. But he has earned his chance to be a UDFA and throw batting practice in the NFL. If he does well maybe he can stick on a practice squad and eventually become a backup. The 3rd string QB still makes a nice living and tends to be able to walk straight when he is 50.

1 Like

Yes and that may very well be his ceiling but he could also be a player where time is his friend, where his transition takes longer. Self reflective I think he knows exactly who he is, “he has come to realize he wasn’t ready for the level of competition or commitment it took to make it in the Big Ten.”

I don’t see Kurt Warner here, but I see a guy who is talented that has plenty of ceiling. It’s a good story, if we do pick him up as an UDFA he will probably be working out with former UNI Panther WR Daurice Fountain.

What plays did he make at msu? He lost his job.

He never had the job to lose

1 Like