There's an App for The Den?

Okay, so I have an iPhone through work and just recently bought an Android phone for personal use. Of course one of the first things I did was go on to Google Chrome and launched The Den. At the very top of The Den home screen it asked if I wanted to get The Den app? So I click yes and now I have the app on my Android, which is cool. However, when I physically searched for “The Den” app in Play Store / App Store again on both the Android and the iPhone I could not find it on either. Does everyone else know there’s an app or am I the last one? Any instructions for the easiest way to get the app, Nate or mods?

1 Like

I have had the app for quite awhile on Android.
I don’t remember how long it’s been out.

1 Like

Is it not one of those apps that’s not really an app, just a website bookmark?

Yip, thats what i use

Nope. It’s an actual app that I downloaded.

When I search for installed apps, the Den app is listed there. So it is an actual app. What’s weird though is it didn’t ask me for my username or password. It just automatically logged me in. So there must be some sort of connection between the app, the site, and my sign in credentials?

Season 4 GIF by Rick and Morty

2 Likes

1 Like

@Nate is the best person to ask so tagging him should get you all your answers.

2 Likes

The platform that powers The Den forum (and lots of others) is called Discourse, not to be confused with that chat app Discord.

This app is a feature of Discourse, not something our fearless leader put together.

2 Likes

There’s an app for that?

I need this app

Someone please walk me through how to get this on my Apple phone

Yeah I had to download the “discourse hub”

And then load in the “thedenforum.com

And boom baby

So, answering and closing here: there’s virtually no difference between The Den mobile app and the browser version. The app not technically a native app to The Den (leverages “Discourse,” the software that runs the site)—it’s merely a “wrapper,” that frames the site into an app.

My advice would be to just use your mobile browser. I haven’t tested the app and can’t make any claims to its speed or usability.

1 Like