Things just keep getting worse for Rams

This defense was designed for the Paper Lions, not the team that actually has to play for their pay check.

If you’re talking long term starters 2 per draft is probably the norm. Lke I said I think that number ends up at 50% and that would be above average for sure.

If Jamo hits but Mitchell does not he’s probably 3/5 on offense which is excellent.

Sewell and St. Brown were home runs! I’m hopeful Jamo is another!

That’s just maybes, the fact is he has Hutch McNeil and Rodrigo that is taking meanful snaps and now add Kerby. He also has 3 of his top 5 picks that has not been on the field. If you add his 3rd Rd picks he would be 2 out of 3 with McNeil and Kerby. Witch I’ll take that. His drafting has better then I was thinking, except drafting to many injuried players that high.

6 of the ten are five games into their rookie seasons. Five freaking games. 2 of those haven’t played a single down and 1 other has barely played. Kerby has played 2 games. More patience is required, my friend.

7 Likes

How many times can one hear this one ?

Some of that is because you drafted them that way.

ill be honest

we did draft players for more developmental upside than immediate impact (Kerby is a prime example, only one year as a safety, shows promise, needs development, Paschal was more immediate but injury needed surgery, and we are getting him back after the bye)

issue is that they aint developing and players are regressing

which again, goes back to the defensive staff and the front office, mainly the staff though (AG and Co)

You think five games is enough time to give 21/22 year olds to figure out the NFL?

1 Like

Dude spin it any way you want, you love Holmes and all his moves. But I’m pretty sure you were still wanting to give Quintrica a 3rd year saying similar stuff.

Holmes imo has screwed this defense over. you keep mentioning Pashcal, how much difference do you really believe he’s gonna make as a rookie that had 0 off-season or preseason ? Pashcal and Levis unavailability on the Dline at there picks is a hudge loss to the defense. Not to mention iffy, and even the ones that are playing and starting are not exactly setting the world on fire . Not one defense signing or pic has really been a homerun hell his biggest defensive hits is probably Rodrigo. Even Hutch isn’t setting the world on fire.

I do like Holmes but I don’t like all of his moves. I just think it’s unreasonable to expect rookies to hit their stride five games into their careers. Apparently you think that’s enough time. That’s fine. I just happen to agree.

4 Likes

I don’t think all should be, but I do except more then we have seen and then picking hurt players 2 years in row for a in dire need DLine.
So what is your expectations for Pashcal you mentioned him a few times I wonder what you think he will do with no off-season.

And I like parts of what Holmes does but like Campbell he also does things that set this team back.

was you not one that said similar thing with Quintrica and was for giving him more time ?

I think Paschal is going to help us quite a bit once he’s healthy. I think he’ive us some interior pass rush and in college he’d always been a big time run defender.

1 Like

Hope your right if he does it it will go along way in helping the defense and my opinion of Holmes.

I really want him and Dan to work out and think they can but both have a lot of work to do need to make some changes to make that happen and I also have my doubts.

1 Like

Idk if I’d be upset with the draft just yet; You do have a right to be slightly offended by the offseason and the moves/signings.

Basically no one signed on the defense is helping they brought in, and they brought back guys too that are underwhelming so far.

Lions might have literally been better this last offseason putting all their eggs in one player’s basket and paying him vs what they actually went out and did this year.

This is a common theme though with Lions period, staff to staff. So idk what the answer is. Lions seem to never, ever, sign the right type of players.

So many Achilles injuries in recent years…

2 Likes

If it weren’t for their LT issues, The Rams looks like the perfect landing spot for McCaffrey. Cap issues notwithstanding. More future cap concerns than this year.

Stafford is having one of his best seasons in complete percentage, 71%, but worst since his rookie season in the TD to INT ratio department.

Surprisingly, the Rams still have about $4.7M in salary cap room, so they can still make some moves:

Only 6 TD’s and 8 picks. The O-line was much better at protecting him yesterday, Stafford got crushed the previous 2 games vs the 49ers and Cowboys. He only got sacked once and only 3 QB hits vs the Panthers. Carolina is pretty terrible though. He did throw another pick 6 though, he’s going for Favre’s record for sure.

Losing Noteboom, the starting left tackle for the season is another tough loss. They have had so many injuries on the O-line. Whitworth is old, but the Rams gotta be knocking down his door to come out of retirement.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.