This Division Championship is in Memory of

Dottie

3 Likes

Didn’t Atticus pass away as well?

7 Likes

My Dad, Gary. After I moved from MI, I’d always call him before the Games and opened with “Dino My Man” an old bit from WWWW Country, the Chugaluger. I’m sure he’s smiling tonight!

3 Likes

Was spike the guy that coined “nothing since 1957 but were working on it” ??

7 Likes

My father, Billy Joe.

6 Likes

Yep, that was Spike.

4 Likes

Yes, he was, and he was a friend to all. Wonderful man who cared about the people here.

2 Likes

My whole family…. Somehow, I am it

4 Likes

I remember that from like 10-15 + years ago when i was on a completely different username.

God bless him.

3 Likes

To all the Den departed and the Lions lost to us over the years that never tasted such victory.

7 Likes

My brother died stupid young from cancer 4 years ago. My mom texted me tonight, and said, “I see the Lions won. Hurrah. I am sure you are happy but it sure makes me wish he was here to see it too.”

It was a bitter sweet dagger to the heart. When they finally win the Super Bowl, I will probably bawl like a newborn.

10 Likes

Sorry to hear that.

Some great call outs for former members and contributors.

1 Like

Emotional tears GIF - Find on GIFER

Great thread !

Thank you for this.

Love to my dad and my brother.

My dad took me to my first Lions games when the Silvedome first opened and i’ve been hooked ever since.

My dear brother was a huge fan, but honestly I think he cared about the lines and final score more than anything.

Merry Christmas!

3 Likes

No, he visited this site for a little while but hasn’t posted regularly like he used to. I think that was a year or two ago.

2 Likes

My grandpa(until he passed away we never missed opening week of the season)

Also my buddy Kal- he passed away from a heart attack a few months ago and he was a good guy who was fun to talk lions with

They are watching with the best seats in the house

3 Likes

Also my dad, Charles Reilly.

I suspected you were royalty, @Mobetta20
Now I know!

8 Likes

Awesome thread! So many of us have waited a VERY long time to experience another Division Title.

What an incredible feeling. Those that have gone before had the best seat in the house and already know that our best is yet to come.

This is for all Lions fans past and present. BEST fans in the world!

6 Likes

My mom, Marilyn (1999), and brother, Bill (2015), were fans of the Lions. But no one in my family is a bigger slappy than me. My two oldest daughters, Meghan and Amanda (and her husband) are all big Lions fans. In fact we watched the game yesterday. Amanda and her husband bought all of us tickets for the Vikings game in two weeks. It will be fun to watch the game, but it will be priceless to watch the game with special family members and develop memories that can be shared with my grandchildren after I’m gone and watching from the “best seats”.

8 Likes