This draft would make.me very happy

Taven bryan

Bresee did have 9 sacks over 23 games in 3 seasons. That’s 4.5 sacks per full season pace. That’s actually not that bad for a 305 lb DT. I’m warming to the idea of taking him, especially at 18 should he slide that far. The pick at 6, I think has to be a corner unless Bryce or Carter fall there.

Sounds like most believe Murphy is a bust. I personally feel Murphy > Wilson as of right now. And Murphy could post some ridiculous numbers which we should all want to happen.

Also, kind of off topic here but not really. Is Will Anderson a fit for Chicagos defense? I don’t really think he is suited to play as a traditional 4-3 end. Not that I think we have any shot or that he fits us. It’s just a random thought I’ve had recently.

I will go a step further. Give me witherspoon or gonzalez at 6, branch at 18 and forbes with the first 2nd rd pick and let them learn. That group would be the leagues best by yr 3

1 Like

Sounds good to me.

Two things on Forbes though:

1:) provided he runs like I think he will I think the chances he last to 48 are slim to none.
2:) will AG allow him to play a ton of off-man? I think he would bc AG does seem open minded in terms of getting the most out of his guys. If you’re going to get the most out of Forbes’ playmaking you have to let him play a lot of off-man and live with the gambles gone awry.

To be honest I think pairing him with Spoon would be great. Spoon suffocate his guys and Forbes baits the QB into thinking read 2 is open and then he makes his break on the ball.

I actually think Dan’s vision might be powerful offensive with extreme opportunism on defense. If so then Forbes and Daiyan Henley at LBer are perfect fits. Both play defense to take the ball away. It’s their ethos.

1 Like

The challenge is both their contacts will come up at the same time. At least if you take one in the 1st and 2nd round, the contracts offset.

1 Like

If you take them both in the 1st round you are buying an extra year to deal with it. If you take the guy in the 2nd round you have 1 less year to deal with the contract. Getting an extra year is a good thing.

1 Like

If you hit on both CBs you worry about that problem later.

If Brad keeps performing like this in the draft the board is going to have to condition itself to expect letting good players go.

The Ozzie Newsome era Ravens is Brad’s blueprint IMO. They lost a ton of good players, collected the comp picks and replenished the pipeline. If all goes to plan we’re at that atagenin another two-three years.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.