This Game Left no doubt who the starter is for the Lions

No, it’s not. But I am sure you will debate it none the less.

Whatever about Goff, Boyle showed today he isn’t a serviceable back up. The offensive line gave him great protection today and he had all day to throw and invariably lacked touch and accuracy on his throws. That pick was terrible.

I’m just happy Goff didn’t play in this game. The Lions almost fucked around and won with Boyle at QB.

4 Likes

I gave you his full season stats and his last 3 games. Both proved my point.

But if you’d rather look at his entire body of work since he entered the league than I think you will be more than satisfied that those stats also support my point.

Marisa Tomei Movie GIF

5 Likes

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

1 Like

Malik Willis > Tim Boyle so…

Woooord!

Don’t even bother. Lol

Justin Fields, T Lawrence, Zach Wilson, and I presume T Lance would have less wins than Goff with our roster. Period!

Fields- Lawrence- Wilson have 23 TDS IN 36 STARTS!!! On a positive note they have 36 interceptions.

The Bears are considerably worse with Fields than they were with Mitch…. Who also had far better stats- while being labeled a bust

The Jags have exactly 1 more win this year after adding- 2 firsts and 2 second rounders and spending like crazy in free agency with the 76M in cap space they had….

The Jets also spent quite a haul in free agency between Rankins, C Davis, and C Lawson.

THE FUNNIEST PART OF THIS IS THE REASON ALL 3 TEAMS WERE REBUILDING IN 2021 HAD EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE PERCEPTION OF… Blake Bortles, Mitch Trubisky, and Sam Darnold…

Are the Browns about to abort the Baker plan? Regardless of the reason, the Texans are about to revisit the well after D Watson soon, and we’ve already watched the Winston and Mariota sagas end. Ironically both of the latter mentioned teams are now playoff and SB contenders with the veteran QBs that replaced their busts.

Does anyone even remember the Josh Rosen story starting?

1 Like

Not me sir!!!

Shitty completion percentage.

Shitty TD to INT ratio

Yes… he has 850 yards rushing, but not L Jax like- at 4.5 ypc against zero level talent… I wouldn’t call him a dual threat.

For anyone who actually watches a bunch of college football- Malik Willis best comp is probably Trace McSorely from Penn state.

The Lions would have 2 more wins had Goff started every game, and another of it weren’t for a 66 yard FG that should have been a 71 yard attempt (after the missed delay of game).

Unlike the Jets and Jags who tried to reload around their rookie QB- the Lions actually cut every city’s le player to bury the burden of the Quinn era in 21’.

I’m excited to see a healthy Goff, Swift, Hock, Ragnow, Cephus… at least 1 Ufa WR and a rookie WR with a competent OC around Goff next year.

I’m excited to see Romeo, Okudah, at least 2 free agents, and 2 top draft picks on our defense.

We could literally be adding 10 of our most talented starters for next year via a huge opportunity in the draft, huge opportunity in free agency…. AND GETTING 4 OF OUR BEST PLAYERS BACK FROM IR

4 Likes

People can dream about drafting a QB. Goff is the guy.

5 Likes

This game left no doubt…

Matthew Stafford today: 1 td; 3 picks. 46.8 rating.

Tim Boyle today: 1td; 1 pick. 84.1 rating.

LA TRADED FOR THE WRONG DETROIT QUARTERBACK.

Discuss.

6 Likes

I think Goff is an average NFL starting QB. He’s competent and if you build the right team can win you a lot of games.

2 Likes

Clickbait at its finest.
Robert Redford Nod GIF

I take great pride.

1 Like

Problem is and it’s a big one, is we’re paying him Aaron Rodgers money to be that and that’s not a sound long term strategy. If he will take a paycut to middle of the road money moving forward, then we get that 20M to spend elsewhere and can add an extra elite starter at another position to help us along.

If he wants to be paid like Aaron Rodgers, then I’d prefer to rip the band-aid, get a guy with a high ceiling in the building and see what happens. We may lose a draft pick and even a high one, but we’ll have Jarad Goff money soon enough to invest in someone who we only hope that draft pick can be if we pay him 25M to play here.

And the good thing is, the Lions get 2 1st round picks, even money IMO

1 Like

Well… we will know I’m a few months now won’t we?!

We didn’t write the contract, the guy who is the O genius of the NFL did. We are only stuck with it next year. I think he and the Lions will play at least decent ball, not enough for us to move OUR needle on paying him but enough for another team to make an offer. So he either makes a deal to stay or everyone moves on. 2023 is going to be a good year to be looking for a QB, the people who want this years poor mans Trey Lance, Willis, well…good luck.

Actually we’re not.

His overall contract is the same as Rogers overall contract but it was front loaded and partially paid by the Rams. Then we restructured him

He made 10 Mil this year. Makes 31,30, and 31 mil over the next 3 years. Which is less than Ryan Tannehill and Kirk Cousins money.

Rogers made 27.5 mil this year and makes 46 mil next year. GB will have to extend him or cut him after this year. Where he will get a new deal much higher than Goff’s.

His contract is actually an average veteran QB contract.

7 Likes