THIS is our #1 problem

Agreed.
I also think Holmes is doing we better than we have seen in the past.
Injury stuff feels like a new animal, and that Brad is behind more of the drafting.

*I’m still behind firing the old guys, don’t get me wrong.

1 Like

What about the kid from Minnesota? I haven’t watched much of him but he seems like a talented back.

He’s great, actually there’s a lot of mid-round guys in this draft I’m interested in. Bennett is more like that home run hitting back @CuriousHusker was talking about. You can usually find those kinda backs later cause they’re generally small dudes, but Bennett’s kind of an outlier.

1 Like

I mean… I’m not abandoning hope yet. I still see positives in this team that can be built on, and I wouldn’t advocate any changes until they have another full offseason. But if we have a “#1 problem,” it’s that we keep hiring first-time GMs, and the people those first-time GMs report to have no idea how to run a successful NFL team. That’s basically the issue.

After Patricia was fired, I spent a lot of energy here hyperventilating about this lack of credibility—the fact that nobody in the building had the first effing clue how to build a successful football organization or hire a successful front office. The Lions response to the latest failure was to have a group of people with no track record of front office success (Rod Wood, Sheila, Chris Spielman) hand-pick a first-time GM and a basically-first-time HC. And put them in a structure that no other NFL team uses, where nobody is actually in charge—where all decisions are “collaborative.”

Like most of us here, I was encouraged by Dan’s personality and some aspects of his first season, as well as some of Holmes’ picks. And I was encouraged that they brought in people to help Brad and Dan, including older hands like Dorsey with actual experience. But here’s the reality: Our team is being run by two total neophytes at leading an NFL organization, reporting to three other total neophytes who either have never before worked in a front office (Spielman) or have only worked in the most pathetic organization in NFL history (Rod, Sheila).

The “collaborative” approach to decision-making seems surprisingly positive, in the sense everyone seems committed to making it work. But it doesn’t change the fact nobody with any experience or track record is guiding this rebuild. ALL these people are learning on the job.

1 Like

If they’re doing their job, I don’t see the problem.
I’m not happy at all with all of the injured players Holmes has acquired. The fact that it has happened in both FA and the draft, two years in a row tells me that injuries don’t scare Holmes.
That scares the hell out of me!
I like Brad the man, and sure, he’s handsome, but, he can’t get by on looks and charm alone.

1 Like

Mo Ibrahim? Really good player but not a home run hitter. Great vision, contact balance? Patience, etc.

Shaved head opens up the crown chakra and allows more access to universal intelligence.
Watch how his picks turn out. :sunglasses: :pray: :fire:

Dorsey built a juggernaut in KC.

That’s why I quit wearing hats, and, I don’t even need to shave.:rofl:
Wait! Wait! So, you’re telling me that the universe is telling him to make these boneheaded picks?
No!

1 Like

Excellent!
Same!
Don’t want anything to impede the ability of other humans to see the excess handsomeness either. God didn’t give us this gift to hide it from the world.

1 Like

Maybe they should’ve hired him to be the GM, instead of assistant-to-the-committee-running-decisions-by-Rod Wood?

1 Like

Yeah maybe so.

I thought John Dorsey left but hes still here in the FO

I do question how much sway he has in the FO tbh, hes great at evaluating talent and solid in FA, but he does have a bit of an ego and is power grabby, which i believe did run him out of both KC and Cleveland, but he was the big reason why those two teams are flushed with talent as they are now.

2 Likes

If they were doing their job, we wouldn’t have a 60+ year losing streak.

1 Like

Yea, it’s one of the only reasons I still have a bit of hope. He’s had some great drafts in the past. Maybe Jamo and Paschal are both going to be stars, and we will all be drinking koolaid by December.

Well, none of them have been here that long.:rofl:

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.