This Thanksgiving, be thankful and grateful

that you’re a Lions fan with a team led by Brad Holmes and Dan Campbell and not an Arizona Cardinals fan.

Caspino concluded with this observation about the Cardinals under Bidwill: “It is an explanation for me as to why the Cardinals have been so abysmal. And we got into, in Michael Bidwell’s deposition, him telling me that he’s an outstanding judge of football talent. And I said, ‘What?’ I said, ‘Did you ever play the game?’ He said, ‘Yeah, I played it.’ I said, ‘Where’d you play?’ He said, ‘High school, in Washington, D.C.’ I said, ‘So, you’re the one making, you know, the talent decisions around the building?’ ‘Yeah, I am.’ And it struck me that — and in speaking to other people there — that he is such a hands-on owner that he goes into offensive coordinators and tells them who to get the ball to. And he’s making all of the decisions regarding the talent, regarding who to draft. And he’s making it off because he paid for a year or two at some fancy boarding school in Washington, D.C. And it just struck me right there why the Cardinals are so bad. They have an owner who doesn’t listen to the people around him and thinks he’s smarter than everybody else, even with the game of football.”

1 Like

We had a bad owner for a loooonnnnggggg time. A different type of bad, but still bad.
MF’er sure raised an Angel for daughter though! :innocent:
But I sympathize with the Cardinals. Bottom 5 franchise ever, like us. Brutal. Try your best to keep your heads up. Kurt Warner’s come outta no where.

2 Likes

If you watched the in-season of hard knocks with the Cardinals, he came off really terribly and he was barely in it.

Not a huge fan of the “Guy didn’t play the sport therefore he can’t be good analyzing it” mindset.

That said, this guy is awful and wants to be way too hands on in every aspect.

1 Like

That’s true. One of the greatest HCs of all time, Joe Gibbs, never played pro football.

2 Likes

I’m a Mariners fan in baseball. So I’m well aware of poor ownership. Very thankful for Martha