This Writer Thinks the Bucs Should Trade For Hockenson

This one aspect of the NFL is very different from the other professional sports leagues. In the other leagues there are multiple teams at the trade deadlines ripping off the band-aid and going into rebuild mode and there Is a robust market and frenzy for a variety of players that run the spectrum fron the spectrum from utility giys all the way up to superstars every year and it’s to be expected.

The lions have the worst record in the league and should be fielding offers for any kind of talent that they feel is not part of their long term builong term build. Anyone else in their position in a different sport would be doing this and there’s no reason why they shouldnt either

1 Like

Are there any specific things the Lions should be game planning for Hock that hasn’t been happening?

I’m just curious what should be done differently to allow Hock to thrive.

Dont help tbay out. Trade him to the Bills. I want to them in the SB

Tampa isn’t gonna make the playoffs even with Hock so we should definitely trade them to the buccaneers

1 Like

Yup. This season is toast. We should be selling Williams, Elliot, Hock. Then stock up on pics to try and be competitive in 2024. The defense is so devoid of talent and all the potential superstars are young. If Holmes keeps hitting on draft picks this team might not be an embarrassment in a couple years

But they will make the playoffs. So i perfer not to help football before family

Yes to this fictitious trade offer in two seconds.

It’s your last name Ford?

Just Kidding Jk GIF

I wish.

1 Like

So…. you want to trade him to a team that will do better in the playoffs… and… thus… result in a worse draft pick for the Lions???

Good idea.

manchester united GIF

Wouldn’t that happen with trading him to Tampa too?..I mean, that’s what Tampa would be trading for him for.

Kind of like you wanted to trade Swift to the Rams, really no different.

I’d just view it as trading Hock for pick 32…or better.

Saturday Night Live Snl GIF

And a very young team

You were literally the person that created a poll and said you wanted high compensation because it would push our pick from the Rams down.

Im Right Comedy Central GIF by Drunk History

Tampa has better beans. This is a no-brainer. I don’t care about other teams. Only Lions for me.

I just look at games like the Seattle one where he was an absolute beast. I think that has more to do with how we used him then just the switch going on for a game.

The Lions are always going to suck no matter what. We could work out a deal where every team in the top 10 kicks in a pick and we have picks 1 thru 10…and we will still suck. So our side teams are our only chance at glory.

and every option in that poll… is near the equivalent….or more…. than the 49ers gave up for 1 of only a few RBs to EVER go for over 1000 yards rushing and receiving in the same year.

I asked the question…. because I was curious how the Den felt about it. I didn’t advocate for trading him. I literally posted that I am not in favor of trading him unless they get a premium offer.

Why is this difficult to comprehend?

He has 2 games like that in his career… out of 46 tries.

1 Like

That’s because of how they use him. Alot of teams aren’t equipped to use a TE for big results in the passing game. We are one of them. When he gets used differently it is clear from the tape.

2 Likes