This Writer Thinks the Bucs Should Trade For Hockenson

So… what is the number???

How much would money you offer Hock???

At what number do you let him walk?

If ya get a decent trade offer and don’t want to pay him $10+ million per year like the other above average TEs…. what is the compensation needed to make a deal???

I would rather see the Lions USE him!
If not, a 1st is a no-brainer

A first would be ideal but would settle for a second.

Cash wise…that is tough. I know he’s gonna want like 15+ but if we could get him for a 4/48 with 40 guaranteed I would sign him to that but not sure he would

This has been what people have said about the TE position dating all the way back to Kellen Winslow nearly 20 years ago. And 20 years later taking a TE in the 1st round is still stupid. The best TEs in the league are STILL taken in the 2nd to 3rd round area. And the guys who were taken in the 1st round are STILL only producing like a guy that should have been taken in the 2nd to 3rd round area.

Think about that…but don’t OVERTHINK it. Kyle Pitts biggest value selling point came from the fact that he could play a more valuable position. And in his rookie year he produced…because he played the more valuable position much of the time. Kyle had a 9 catch 163 yard game as a rookie. All of them coming as a WR.

1 Like

Not one mention of Hockenson.

Whatever, all I know is that if HolmBellRod make Hock the highest paid TE in the league, Sheeeela needs to blow it up again.

1 Like

Taking Derrick Williams over Mike Wallace was a major screwup. Wallace was exactly what the Lions needed–someone who could take the top off the defense and give Calvin more room.

After the catch and run for 58 yards, does Hock look like he’s saying "what do you think of me now?’

1 Like

There not trading Hock there not trading swift. This shit is from the same fans that went with 9-7 isn’t good enough and fired the only winning coach this team has seen. Any one that felt 9-7 wasn’t good enough is facing reality and getting what they deserve and even ask for. Some poster warned of this out come even said when we loose Stafford too we would be back picking #1 over all , only to be laugh at.

2 Likes

I said that in the game thread right after he made that play…you could kind of hear/see him saying something like that. He must read these boards…

I kinda have a feeling the Lions will trade someone tomorrow… I listened to Campbell’s press conference and he said something in regards to it, him and Holmes… I forget the direct quote but he kinda left it out there that they are going to do what’s best for the team or something like that.

I could be reading too much into it but we’ll see. I think Hock would get the most return but I also don’t know they want to trade him now and completely decimate their TE position

Is be more inclined to think they trade swift than hock but I don’t know what swift gets you in return

1 Like

Swift to Philly could make some sense, they’ve been calling around for a RB (made an offer for Kamara) and Swift is from Philadelphia. Has to be the right offer though.

1 Like

That’s a good point. He’s just been so injury prone I doubt we get a decent offer… but who knows Philly is all in, and they have a lot of draft picks so maybe they can afford to send something good our way.

I think losing swift would be less detrimental to the offense now than losing Hock. Yes the offense is better with him in there, but he’s just never in there.

But you are right on Philly could be a great place for him… they can sit him until the end of the year and bring him back nice and healthy for the playoffs.

At this point, I’d take a 3rd for Swift and a 2nd for Hock. Swift should garner a 1st but he is never healthy

1 Like

I still think Swift could be a valuable piece to this offense, even with the injury issues. If I’m the Lions, that deal has to be fantastic for me to let go of Swift.

2 Likes

With the Oline and weapons we have? The only thing either have proven thus far is they spend more time injured and on the sideline then on the field.

1 Like

Who cares if Hock reads this forum?

It doesn’t change anything.

What is the point?

Zero NFL teams care what the fans are posting… and any respectable NFL players certainly couldn’t care 2 shits what is posted here.

We have a lot of not respectable NFL players tho…

Jussayin…

The reps also tell a story at tight end. Specifically, the use of multiple tight ends. Brock Wright played 23 of the Lions’ 60 offensive snaps, with starter T.J. Hockenson on the field for 52. Rookie James Mitchell even saw the field for five reps, including his first NFL reception on the opening drive. Detroit used two TEs in the formation (12 personnel) a season-high 19 times, almost 30 percent of snaps. The Lions typically use 12 personnel just 16 percent of the time and that’s almost always in red zone and short-yardage situations.

I was being obviously sarcastic…but that takes more than a couple brain cells to recognize, so I get why you coudlnt tell.