Those hyping Hooker…

Joe Milton was a dumpster fire at Michigan… he has 37 TDs and 5 ints over 17 starts at Tennessee.

Today true Freshmen Nico Iamaleava just won his first start vs Iowa defense with 4 TDs and no turnovers.

I’m hoping for the best with HH because he’s a Lion now, and seems like a great kid, but the Vols seem to be able to play anyone from 25 year old super seniors, 18 year old freshmen, or grad transfers…. And results are about the same.

2 Likes

That was the discussion around draft time. People were worried he’d take years to adjust to an NFL style offense.

2 Likes

Few years…So by the time he is 31 he will be ready to go

4 Likes

Lucky for us we’ve got time for him to sit. We could have probably used something more immediate at the draft slot though.

Once the Hooker experiment is decided, one way or the other, I’m all for drafting a qb in the 4th to 7th every year or every other.

Mike Martz says he’s NFL ready.

1 Like

Great?

I really shouldn’t laugh at that comment, but I can’t help myself.

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

So because Joe Milton was able to improve his play at Tennessee, that means Hooker isn’t any good?..don’t you think the Lions scouting department takes the offense that Tennessee was running into account?..I mean, they still thought enough of him as a player to take him. I wouldn’t expect him to throw for 385 yards and 5 TD’s in his first game. Now, if you want to say he hasn’t had enough practice time, I could see that but I don’t think because Milton played better at Tennessee than Michigan and now a rookie played well is a reason to doubt HH’s skillset…unless I’m just misunderstanding what you’re saying.

2 Likes

The thing Hooker has going for him is the lions have a too 5 offense with a great OL. It’s not like he’s going into a dumpster fire.

3 Likes

Are you aware that many think Nico is one of the most gifted prep passers of the last decade?

Every time someone makes a product-of-the-system argument, I consider how many teams passed on Aaron Rodgers for the same reason. It’s certainly something to be aware of, but every player evaluation needs to be of that player and nothing else.

3 Likes

Erin was a smug and arrogant 2 year starter, junior who had solid but not mind blowing number in a pass friendly offense.

He interviewed like shit at age 21

Hooker was 25, a great guy and a super senior with a blown tire.

More differences than similarities.

Yes and no, very dissimilar as prospects, but with the same question hanging over their head.

Aaron Rodgers was widely viewed as just another Jeff Tedford project, and not even the most prolific at that. It caused a lot of teams to pass despite analysts touting Rodgers talent. Hooker has the same type of question mark hanging over his head, and it’s completely justified to leave it there until he has an opportunity to make his case on the field, but I would simply caution anyone on answering that question in their mind based on what others are doing in the same system at his alma mater.

1 Like

Same for any player.
Hooker can make all the throws and works well on the run. He’s mobile and more accurate than Jackson.
He’s not a system QB.
Now, can he do it at the NFL level?

2 Likes

We will soon know

2 Likes

Look, I hope Andre Hooker works out and becomes an amazing QB, but for now I’ll not be a typical dullard Lions fan and enjoy having an above-average QB

Oh, yeah. “Hendon Hooker”, I have believed for over a year, would someday be a very good NFL QB.
That said, he’ll be a great NFL QB after a couple years behind Goff.
Think Farve, Rodgers. Only Goff, Hooker.
We own the division for 10+ years.

1 Like

I took his comment as a reference to the great QB from the past that was going to be the future in Andre Ware

2 Likes
  • at a Goff level or better ?

To me
It’s mind blowing to think nfl scouts wouldn’t have gotten him to turn pro earlier
Like his path for such a high end prospect is an interesting tale of how to properly prepare a QB for the nfl and what actually serves the athlete.

Hooker was a 1st rounder before the injury. He improved a lot his last season.

Athletic
Strong arm
Can extend plays
Doesn’t turn the ball over

I was big on this guy before he got injured, and we looked like crap. Was hoping he’d be drafted as the Goff successor.

Goff has since been amazing himself for the most part. Hooker will be a very good NFL QB

1 Like