Thought this was funny enough to merit its own thread--Vernon Hargreaves III--aka Rockhead

https://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Vernon-Hargreaves-Super-Bowl-penalty-Texans-field-16916203.php

If you get a 15 yard penalty while inactive, such a selfish act warrants being cut. I can’t imagine Dan Campbell would tolerate such “turd-like” behavior.

3 Likes

Hold on a second here though. I remember McVay celebrating in the endzone earlier this year, no penalty.

1 Like

He got fired on his day off!

1 Like

Donald took his helmet off on the field after his last sack too. True, the game was essentially over, but …

I think they just changed the rule a bit on the play essentially ending the game. All that was left was victory formation and I recall the league loosened up on those game-cinching celebrations.

1 Like

As we’ve seen many, many, many times…the rules are there for the refs to use at their discretion. Case in point - there is no way the Lions get that pass interference call at the end of the Super Bowl. There’s just no way that would ever happen. It could, and probably would, go against us… but it will never go for us. We are not now, nor will we most likely ever be, a league darling. Detroit is a great sports town and the league offices know it. There’s no reason to help us out. We will attend games no matter what and Goodell is banking on this.

2 Likes

Even if they flagged him for that it wouldn’t have mattered. It would be a dead ball foul.

2 Likes

Yup. Would still be rams ball 15 yards back