Thoughts on Kenny Pickett with 2nd 1st rounder?

He has looked really good in the games I have seen him play in. Definitely not 1OA but I like him better than any other QB prospect currently.

He’s not going past 20

1 Like

He’s got a good arm. Has some velocity to his throws and he’s also fast with mobility. I wonder why he wears gloves.

zach galifianakis small hands GIF

How does a 6’2" tall guy have only 8.25 inch hands?
Seems almost impossible.

2 Likes

No.

The worry with a guy with such small hands is that is he going to have ball security issues. Can he hold onto the ball?

Plus let’s not forget he took advantage of the extra year, he’s 23, he’ll be 24 by the time training camp starts.

So that also begs the question, is he just looking good playing vs 19-20 year olds?

I don’t hate him and I’m actually in favor of drafting a QB, but Pickett is a guy I would draft with the first pick in the 3rd.

1 Like

I’m definitely a fan. Can’t wait for the combine! I hope we can get a guy that can sit a year and learn.

This is my guy . I want him with are first pick . He is the best Qb in this draft.

That is a very good point. He’s having a monster season as a 23 year old. But, his previous 3 seasons were very mediocre.

His girlfriend when finding out about his hands.

Sad Summer GIF by @SummerBreak

1 Like

Because he has baby hands and needs the gloves to grip the ball. It’s my biggest red flag with him. His hands are a good deal smaller than Goff and Burrow who are below average.

can you wear gloves in the nfl all the time? or do you need permission from the refs at the game to do it? if you can do it all the time holy crap why don’t more qbs do that?

Teddy Two Gloves has done so every game.

Happy Lets Go GIF by Carolina Panthers

1 Like

i would take bridgewater over goff

Hide Reaction GIF by flor

2 Likes

If we drafted a QB first overall whose name is ‘Can he pick it’ with the smallest hands in NFL history, I’m going to be convinced that the Lions aren’t an actual team subject to the ebb and flow of success - but rather a cosmic anomaly under control of an existential being intent on torturing this small segment of the universe

We may as well use next years first overall pick on the Kenyan WR from Despair State whose name is ‘Shureto Droppit’

2 Likes

Kid is pretty good and about the same build as Stafford @ 6’3 220 .

Pickett has 8.25 inch hands.
Stafford has 10 inch hands.

In some areas of life… 8.25 inches is more than sufficient… but not for a NFL QB hand size.

Richard Pryor Kinda GIF

1 Like

well, how many fumbles has he had in his career?

The Lions as Dormammu or Mr. Mxyztplk or Loki makes an awful lot of sense

1 Like

We need to go defense with our first 5 picks to give our good coordinator some talent and have a top 10 defense next year.