Thoughts on today’s game

You’re not going to convince him that Stafford did anything wrong, just letting you know… JR deals in absolutes

1 Like

Well…only his view of the absolutes to be accurate
There is no relevant absolute if it counters his analysis

A Sith, he is

2 Likes

I’ve made that reference so many times only to have it go over people’s heads… I’m glad I’m not the only nerd that knows only siths deal in absolutes :joy:

2 Likes

JR is just ramping up the hyperbole to help balance out the absurd negativity.

1 Like

I’ve read an interesting article about just how good of a movie RotS really is, and one of the things they bring up is all the parallels that are made between the Jedi and Sith. There are multiple points where Anakin is exposed to blatant Jedi hypocrisy regarding the Sith, and he finally just snaps once Padme’s life is “on the line”.

One thing Patricia said after the Cards game was the guys all want to win for each other. The tie didn’t set well with them either.
I think this builds right into your line of thought.
I agree.
How do you think it made Matt and the rest of the O feel when 3 runs into a stacked box were called every time they had a late lead? Knowing it would be a 3 and out.
They want the chance to secure the win.

1 Like

Exactly! Very well stated LTL!
You’re telling your guys you don’t believe in them, when you run vs a stacked, run D. Ridiculous. I really like every other thing about Patricia, and think he can fix everything else. I just don’t want to approach football game like a math problem. Momentum, human emotion, hot hands, etc…it matters.

No, that’s not what’s going on

I wish I had a checkered suit. Wouldn’t that be sweet? I think so.

1 Like

LOL TBH I wasn’t sure if anyone would catch it. Us nerds got to stick together :rofl:

Stafford will always take the blame as a leader and will protect his guys. That exact same situation of Stafford throwing the ball to Marvin and he rose above the safety has happened on more than one occasion to win games. Yes coverage was there but Marvin doesn’t ever get open much. His strength is high pointing and winning those battles. Stafford has never had the luxury of waiting for guys to be open. Look around the league at highlights and you see all sorts of guys running free with great windows to throw in. Let’s hope that Bevell can scheme some of that in Detroit so Stafford can be that picky!

The ball to Golladay was not as well placed as he would like it, but giving your guy a chance is what I want from him. It was a fluke that it was batted and stuck in his stomach. No QB will always put the ball exactly where they want it.

Absurd negativity is overly rampant here and yes I like to push it back. Mostly fans point fingers every time something doesn’t work. Marvin’s only strength is going up over safeties in those kinds of situations and Marvin just didn’t see the safety. That play just didn’t connect, but Stafford knew what he was throwing and I agree with the throw. The Golladay ball wasn’t perfect but I want to see that agressiveness. In most cases that outcome will benefit the Lions.

Honesty would be refreshing.