Tigers @ Rays April 22-24

I was supposed to be at two of these games, then life happened. LOL

When: 6:50 p.m. Monday.

Where: Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida.

TV: Bally Sports Detroit.

Radio: WXYT-FM (97.1). (Tigers radio affiliates).

Weather report: Indoors.

:arrow_forward: Probables: Monday — LHP Tarik Skubal (2-0, 2.28) vs. RHP Zack Littell (1-0, 2.14); Tuesday — RHP Kenta Maeda (0-1, 7.64) vs. RHP Ryan Pepiot (2-2, 4.37); Wednesday — RHP Jack Flaherty (0-1, 4.44) vs. LHP Tyler Alexander (1-0, 4.79).

Scouting report

:arrow_forward: Skubal, Tigers: He’s holding hitters at .200 or under with all five of his pitches. His hard-hit rate (26.7%) and average exit velocity on balls put in play (84 mph) are among the top 10 percentile in baseball. When he’s gotten to two strikes on a hitter, they are 6 for 55 (.109) with 26 strikeouts.

:arrow_forward: Littell, Rays: He attacks with an elite slider and splitter and spots his four-seamer. Hitters are 3 for 25 against the slider with six strikeouts and 4 for 18 against the split with six strikeouts and a 32% whiff rate. He’s been tougher of left-handed hitters than right-handed hitters, which is because of the shape of those two pitches. Lefties are 2 for 18 against his slider and split.

Game notes: The Detroit Tigers started their season with a relatively manageable schedule, facing four straight teams who did not make the 2023 postseason. The Tigers navigated the early stretch well, going 7-4 through the 11 games to start the season.

Since then, the schedule has gotten much more difficult, with the Rays series being the fourth straight set the Tigers have played against teams who made the playoffs in 2023.

1 Like

Go Tigers Go… I hate the Rays so much…mostly because they own the blue jays. Nothing good happens in that dump of a stadium they play in

So a low scoring game expected??

It should be with Skubal on the bump.

As long as we dont give up a bunch of unearned runs.

1 Like

I think thr line is 8.5 runs…probably an under but dont want to bet it

Well, that is a nice start.
1-0 Canha HR

1 Like

Baez coming though again…

1 Like

Yep, Baez showing some signs of life…please let it be true…

Aggressive running by Baez scores another run…
3-0

1 Like

Skubal is just focking nasty

Their fans suck. Living in that area for 3 years such bandwagon turds. I remember inge hitting a walk off hr when i lived there to sweep them, what a felling that was. ■■■■ their cow bells

3 Likes

The cowbells were a second reason for not going to a game there previously

1 Like

will ferrell snl GIF

1 Like

Tigers up 4-0

2 Likes

Holy shit

1 Like

Well, damn, I must be behind…I still have Rogers batting wtih Baez at first

2 Likes

Tigers keep up the pressure with aggressive baserunning by Baez and Rogers…

Tigers are teeing off on Littell, who has been good this year…

1 Like

It’s April in the D!

2 Likes

Skubal is gonna be a legit Cy Young candidate this year.