Tigers vs A's

Regarding today’s game and today’s starter Maeda, from the Freep:

Game notes: Can the Tigers keep their red-hot start going? In order to have the best chance to do so, they’ll have to get a much better outing from offseason signing Kenta Maeda. Maeda was hit hard in his last start against the White Sox, only lasting 3⅓ innings and surrendering seven hits and six runs, leading to his comically (and misleadingly) high ERA of 16.20. Simply by pitching more innings that will definitely go down and it’s far too early to worry about Maeda for the whole season, but the right-handed pitcher did struggle early in the year last season as well.

Maeda made four starts in April 2023 and had an ERA of 9.00 and an 0-4 record. He didn’t pitch in May because of an injury, but from June 1 on, he was rock solid, posting an ERA of 3.36 with 103 strikeouts in 17 appearances. So if there are concerns for Maeda, it’s that it could take him a while to find a groove, and less so of him being incapable.

The good news for Maeda is the Tigers hitters have shown they have the clutch gene so far this year, despite not putting up huge production. On Thursday, Riley Greene came up with a timely home run to help send the game into extra innings against the New York Mets, where they eventually won. And then on Opening Day after the A’s got to ace Tarik Skubal a bit, giving him four earned runs, third baseman Gio Urshela got a big-time double in the eighth inning to drive in Spencer Torkelson, who had a double of his own. As Maeda finds his footing this year, that’s the kind of clutch hitting the Tigers may need.

After Saturday’s game, the Tigers will close out the

Might be that time of year to get the outdoor TV going while enjoying some cold beverages, smoking meats, and watching the Tigers

2 Likes

Creature comforts has their ten yr anniversary party today, so not sure how much I will remember of this game or the bball games tonight. Numerous high gravity stouts will be consumed today!

1 Like

Speaking of the minor league A’s team…did you see they are going to play the next 3 seasons in Sacramento in a minor league stadium and will be known as " The Athletics" no city to be listed.

I read that, small small small stadium, an embarassment.

1 Like

I read you can bring a lawn chair and watch from the outfield for free… lol although I’d imagine they will renovate it some.

They were drawing 3500 a game. Maybe. They will have trouble filling West Sacramento’s field.

The Oakland Board of Communists…errr Commissars…errr, commisioners made a couple dandy offers

1. 5 year lease extension until Vegas is ready in 28.
    $97 million up front with opt out after 3 years, and no recoupment of the cash if they opt out.

2. 3 year $60 million, with the caveat that MLB signs on and gives Oakland 1 year exclusive rights to find an ownership group and be given the next expansion franchise guaranteed.

What the A’s currently pay to lease the field? $1.25m/yr rent and $1m for maintenance.

This is what politicians call “We tried, but those greedy capitalist pig owners were unreasonable”

They are 3 for 3 driving out thier pro sports franchises. Excellent work, CA poltical caste. Go back to your regularly scheduled crime wave and poop filled sidewalks.

3 Likes

I think Maeda has some success today. A lot of young guys and Maeda had a lot of pitch shapes/speeds to mix.

Well…that’s unfortunate.

What a turd signing

Meadows is batting .059

What a LO hitter

All 3 guys so far have made good contact.

Lol, Green is hitting .160

The team is batting under 210

Gonna be under .200 by the end of the day if they keep going.

1 Like

This team has trash for hitting. Its the f ing A’s

This team’s hitting is a little Sus.

Little. About to lose to a team that pays there team like they work at McDonald’s

Stood there like the house by the side of the road.

2 Likes