Tigers vs Dodgers: July 12-14

Skubal on Friday
Olson on Saturday
BPen day Sunday??

Detroit Tigers (45-49) vs. Los Angeles Dodgers (55-39)

When: 6:40 p.m. Friday.

Where: Comerica Park in Detroit.

TV: Bally Sports Detroit. (Have Xfinity but still looking for a way to watch BSD? Here are some other options.)

Radio: WXYT-FM (97.1). (Tigers radio affiliates).

Probable pitchers: Tigers LHP Tarik Skubal (10-3, 2.37 ERA) vs. Dodgers LHP James Paxton (7-2, 4.24).

Weather: Low 80s and partly cloudy.

Box score

Tigers lineup: TBD.

HAVE A DAY, TIGERS: Why Detroit Tigers had a perfect day against the Guardians – on the field and off

Game notes: Tarik Skubal on the mound facing Shohei Ohtani, Freddie Freeman and Teoscar Hernández? The All-Star game isn’t until next week, right?

Skubal is going to dominate the Dodgers tonight.

Tomorrow the Dodgers will offer half their farm in a trade offer.

The Tigers will turn them down.

2 Likes

Perfect time to play the Dodgers with all their starting pitchers injured.

2 Likes

Which probably means we will be lucky to score runs all weekend.

3 Likes

I think the Dodgers will be the team who ends up with Flaherty.

They invested so much into winning this year that they really can’t stop at this point.

Btw, so many people act like the Dodgers have a ton of talent in their system. I personally think it’s average at best.

1 Like

Colt Keith is not in the lineup tonight.

With him getting pulled in yesterday’s game it kind of makes me wonder if he has an injury or something.

It’s strange that Hinch would pull his hottest hitter (even if it did work out great) and then sit him the next day.

Yes. Hope he’s ok.

Skubal > Ohtani

3 Likes

It’s a long season and may be nothing more than Hinch giving him a day off. Remember they had a blowout yesterday which led to a few guys being replaced late.

Hinch subbing Ibanez the other night was all about matchups and if not mistaken in the 9th. To this point nothing about Keith being injured.
I think it may be due to Hinch not liking the matchup vs Dodgers starter.

2 Likes

I thought he was pulled in last nights game. I guess my days are all running together.

Thanks for the correction.

1 Like

Early runs again for the Tigers Green with a two run double in the first. Kid is just getting started…

2 Likes

What a sweet swing too. Thing of beauty.

2 Likes

After Ohtani gate using Toronto to drive up the price and his obvious involvement in the gambling routine his translator was running… not a fan anymore. I did once see him play in Japan though… was very cool. He was essentially Babe Ruth. The fans were on the verge of tears watching him. It was pretty wild.

2 Likes

Dang! Youre faster than my MLB app notifications!

2 Likes

hey, keep watching that house don’t get distracted now.

1 Like

Too late. Hot babes walked down the road. Side view mirrors are great things

4 Likes

Lmao

You and your conspiracy theories.

zac efron illuminati GIF by NEIGHBORS

2 Likes

Seeing the comment about innings limit for Skene’s in the other thread made wonder about Skubal innings for this year.

I read something the other day that the normal increase in innnings for a starter, Skubal in this case, would be reached by the end of August.

Edit: Dodger pitcher with a long first inning, 29pitches iirc.

1 Like

Carving them up tonight. Dude is legit.

2 Likes

Omg

Skubal is filthy

3 Likes