Tigers vs Nationals; June 11-13

On deck: Nationals

Series: Three games at Comerica Park

First pitch: Tuesday-Wednesday — 6:40 p.m.; Thursday — 1:10 p.m.

TV/radio: Tuesday-Thursday – Bally Sports Detroit, 97.1

Probables: Tuesday — LHP Mitchell Parker (4-3, 3.47) vs. RHP Kenta Maeda (2-2, 6.25); Wednesday — RHP Jake Irvin (4-5, 3.12) vs. RHP Reese Olson (1-7, 3.43); Thursday – LHP MacKenzie Gore (5-5, 3.57) vs. RHP Casey Mize (1-4, 4.73).

Parker, Nationals: He’s been steady to really good in his rookie season. Last outing, he limited the Braves three hits and two runs in seven innings. He features a 92-93 mph four-seam with good extension (.198 opponent average) and he can get chase and miss bats with his splitter to lefties (41% whiff) and slider to righties (35% whiff). His most-used secondary pitch is a curveball.

Maeda, Tigers: He left his last start after two pitches because of soreness in his abdominal area. He was able to work out whatever was causing the discomfort and was went through his normal between-starts routine. Only one of his 10 starts this season was a quality start and he’s covered just 11.2 innings over his last four.

1 Like

We need Olson to bounce back in a bad way. I don’t really have much faith in Maeda or Mize.

Don’t disagree, would also be nice if the bats would show more consistency but man this lineup is an ughhhh

1 Like

Maeda looks terrible, but he’s getting away with it for now.

Kriedler is making his presence known defensively.

Team blows

https://twitter.com/i/status/1800682135491125716

Harris fiddles while the bats freeze…

No Carp, No Tork, Greene hitting .240 and its up to Canha and Vierling?

Oh Come On GIF

1 Like

I don’t know if anyone else is annoyed by it, but they can take that stupid pizza on a stick and stick it where the sun don’t shine. If anything, it should only be brought out when you’re in the lead or the HR puts you in the lead.

Just like celebrating a first down when you’re down by 3 TDs. NOT appropriate.

Half the time it looks like the players don’t even want to carry the stupid thing, but are being forced to.

1 Like

It’s terrible. So many cool HR trophies and we get a product placement high school drama prop.

1 Like

Patrick Corbin is the worst SP in MLB over the last 5 years. He keeps chewing up innings, albeit at a 5.5 ERA.

Tigers need to bash early and often here.

1 Like

Or make him look like Greg Maddux, FFS

2 Likes

Yeah, we managed one focking measley run against the worst pitcher in baseball.

I give up on this offense. They are terrible.

On the bright side, Mize finally had a good outing.

For the love of God, please do not hit another double play ball.

1 Like

There we go. Doubles are so much better than double plays, and nice sacrifice by Canha.

2 Likes

Malloy is having himself a day!

1 Like

JHM looks like he wants to stay up.

When both Tork and Carp are back, I dont see a spot for him though…

Unless they are Sellers in July. Then Canha is probably gone.

2 Likes

Gia stay or go?

Much needed win as SP and defense have blinked recently.
Mize with good performance today.

1 Like

Tough call. He has the Harris Way skillset…but I’d like Vierling to be Gio, Ibanez to be McKinstry and JHM to be Canha.with Jung slid in at 3b while either SS or CF is solved in FA, which leaves Wenceel or Parker as the starter if its SS.

Still not enough big bats unless Jung breaks out and Keith unforks himself.

From the Athletic:

Detroit Tigers

Position targets: Lineup, starting pitching, bullpen

The Tigers aren’t likely to remain in the race and therefore will probably make trades to build for the future. Among the players they’d deal, starting pitcher Jack Flaherty has the most trade value. They also could trade closer Jason Foley and DH Mark Canha.

1 Like