Tigers vs Royals; April 26-28

On deck: Kansas City Royals

:arrow_forward: Series: Three games at Comerica Park, Detroit

:arrow_forward: First pitch: Friday — 1:10 p.m.; Saturday — 6:10 p.m.; Sunday — 1:40 p.m.

:arrow_forward: TV/radio: All three games on Bally Sports Detroit/97.1 FM

:arrow_forward: Probables: Friday — RHP Seth Lugo, tentative (3-1, 2.03) vs. RHP Reese Olson (0-3, 3.80); Saturday — RHP Brady Singer, tentative (2-1, 2.76) vs. RHP Casey Mize (1-0, 2.95); Sunday — RHP Michael Wacha, tentative (1-2, 3.81) vs. LHP Tarik Skubal (3-0, 1.82).

:arrow_forward: Lugo, Royals: He’d given up just three runs over four starts before the Orioles got him four runs in 5.1 innings last time out. He brings eight different pitches to the table, none of them get a lot of swing-and-miss (11% strikeout rate), but they don’t usually foster hard contact, either. So far this year, right-handed hitters are doing most of the damage (.811 OPS vs. .626 by lefties). Part of the reason, righties are 6 for 15 off his sinker and 5 for 10 off his slurve, two of his favored weapons against righties.

:arrow_forward: Olson, Tigers: Too many numbers trending in the wrong direction right now: Hard-hit rate up (45%), strikeout rate down (18.8%), walk rate up (8.3%), percentage of pitches in the strike zone down (41.8%). Opponents are hitting .280/.354/.354 with a .708 OPS in four starts. On a positive note, he’s only allowed six extra-base hits, all doubles. He’s got a 52% ground ball rate, but a lot of them are finding holes.

1 Like

Was hoping to see Mize today…

Lugo is no joke.

1 Like

1 Like

Streak the field @Weaselpuppy… or perhaps a little too early for that. Wait until the 9th inning.

We dont need another mass stampede

2 singles, a walk and a pulled back HR through 6.

Gonna need some 8th inning

spongebobrainbowofimaginationreaction GIF

1 Like

Just so much weak contact

Tigers gave up a td in the 9th

Well at least it was good weather and it wasn’t work…

2 Likes

Wenceel Perez with his first MLB HR gives the Tigers a 2-1 lead bottom of the first.

2 Likes

I don’t think Perez is capable of hitting a ball harder than that.

He crushed it.

1 Like

I’ve got the Tigers -1.5 (+140) today. Need more Perez bombs.

1 Like

Need the defense to not play in against the first hitter of the game, yes, he is fast, but that strategy led to the KC run.

Skubal pitching has to help.

1 Like

Sounds like Ibanez will be back in the next day or two which means Perez back to Toledo. However, the kid hasn’t looked overwhelmed.

1 Like

Not at all. I like the extra speed in the lineup as well.

2 Likes

We are hitting the ball hard against Wacha.

I would love to sweep these guys.

Btw, another nice comeback yesterday.

Can’t sweep due to Weasel costing us Friday’s game.

Yeah. I forgot

Probably selective memory.

This is cool

https://x.com/tigers/status/1784647668444098751

https://x.com/tigers/status/1784642691457864044

I know I say this every time he pitches but…

Skubal is gonna win the Cy young

2 Likes