Tigers vs Twins April 11-14

When: 1:10 p.m. Thursday

Where: Comerica Park, Detroit.

TV: Bally Sports Detroit

Radio: WXYT-FM (97.1; other radio affiliates).

BOX SCORE

First-pitch weather forecast: Rain, 57 degrees (90-plus% chance of rain through afternoon, 70-plus% chance through evening).

1 Like

Important series, its a Central opponent.
I have my doubts we get this one due to the above weather forecast.

One other note, Manning was scheduled to start for the MudHens last night and was replaced by a different starter. One potential reason is in case the Tigers have a doubleheader this weekend due to the weather not looking great.

Here’s the pitching matchups for the weekend series against Minnesota at Comerica Park.

:arrow_forward: Thursday: Tarik Skubal (1-0, 2.92 ERA) vs. Pablo Lopez (1-1, 2.84 ERA)

:arrow_forward: Friday: Kenta Maeda (0-1, 9.00 ERA) vs. Joe Ryan (0-1, 3.18 ERA)

:arrow_forward: Saturday: Jack Flaherty (0-1, 5.25 ERA) vs. Bailey Ober (0-1, 12.79 ERA)

:arrow_forward: Sunday: Reese Olson (0-1, 5.40 ERA) vs. Louie Varland (0-1, 6.75 ERA)

Thursday’s game against the Twins also marks 14 games in 14 days for the Tigers, including another series against Minnesota as well as series against Texas and Kansas City.

“If they happen to go 7-7 in these next 14 games, I think that’s a huge win,” McCosky said on the podcast. "It’s going to be a great early test. It won’t define them, but you’ll get a better sense of how much battle there is in this team.

“They’re not going to go 12-2. If they did, it would be a miracle. I think they can hang in there and hold serve. They’re a unique team to play against because of the roster and the versatility and the way AJ (Hinch) manages.”

Todays game has been postponed :hot_face:

And Detroit had great weather yesterday. Luck of the draw i guess

1 Like

So, Manning will be called up at some this weekend to be the 27th player and starter.

1 Like

The Tigers announced this morning that the club’s scheduled game against the Twins in Detroit this afternoon has been postponed due to inclement weather. Per the announcement, the game will be made up this coming Saturday as part of a straight doubleheader beginning at 1:10pm local time that afternoon. Ticket-holders for today’s game will be able to exchange their tickets to attend Saturday’s doubleheader or any other regular season game “of similar value” in the next 12 months. The series between the two division rivals is now expected to begin tomorrow at 6:40pm local time.

1. Pitchers’ duel in Detroit:

Two of the AL Central’s very best starting pitchers are set to clash this evening when Twins right-hander Pablo Lopez takes the mound in Comerica Park against Tigers lefty Tarik Skubal. Lopez, 28, is coming off a strong 2023 campaign that saw him make the first All-Star appearance of his career and finish seventh in AL Cy Young award voting after posting a 3.66 ERA and 3.33 FIP in 194 innings of work. He’s performed admirably in his first two starts this year since stepping into the role of staff ace vacated by Sonny Gray, with a 2.84 ERA and 3.05 FIP in 12 2/3 innings of work to this point.

Meanwhile, Skubal is coming off a dominant second-half in 2023 after his midseason return from elbow surgery. In 15 starts last year, Skubal pitched to a sterling 2.80 ERA with an even better FIP of 2.00 while striking out a whopping 32.9% of batters he faced. The southpaw has continued rolling so far this year, with a 32.6% strikeout rate to go with a 2.92 ERA and 3.37 FIP in 12 1/3 innings. Detroit has outperformed Minnesota in the early going this year, posting a 7-4 record (1.5 games behind the Guardians in the AL Central) that gives them an early lead on the 4-6 Twins. This afternoon’s game is set to begin at 6:40pm local time.

And a rain delay.

https://x.com/tigers/status/1778919892672008434

Thanks for the update.

Im watching the Boston/Angels game right now. Boston needs some serious help on defense, especially up the middle.

Have the Masters on one monitor, last group is on the 18th finally. The MudHens on second monitor and Tigers on the last one.
Book to read during commercials.

1 Like

I love the MudHens, but I also have a bit of a Man crush on Skenes.

How does he look?

1 Like

Tough doesn’t describe it well enough, he can deal. I think I saw, via cc, that he is only going 3 or 4 innings tonight, currently in the top of the 4th in Toledo.

1 Like

Jesus, just looked at the lineup. I wish Hinch would stabilize the lineup, with maybe some very minor tweaking here and there. Greene leading off seems a bit odd.

Welcome to Hinch and analytic based lineup all depending on the opposing pitcher and opposing bullpen. There is some tweaking to get things going but he will always have lineups based on opposing pitching from the batting order and who is on the bench.

Nice to some offense from the Tigers tonight.
5-0 in the fifth and still batting with no outs and two on.

Skubal is dealing again too.

Yea he was, he’s done for the night though, Faedo coming in for the sixth inning.

Hey the Jays are only down 10 to 2 to the Rockies… 250 million pay roll and getting whooped by a AAA team… smh

3 Likes