Tigers vs Twins: July 26-28

On deck: Twins

Series: Three games at Comerica Park

First pitch: Friday – 6:40 p.m.; Saturday – 6:10 p.m.; Sunday – 1:40 p.m.

TV/radio: Friday-Sunday – Bally Sports Detroit, 97.1

Probables: Friday – RHP Pablo Lopez (8-7, 4.86) vs. RHP Keider Montero (1-3, 5.97); Saturday – RHP Joe Ryan vs. LHP Tarik Skubal (11-3, 2.34); Sunday – RHP Bailey Ober (9-5, 4.04) vs. TBA.

Lopez, Twins: He’s coming off a strong, seven-inning start against the Brewers (1 run, 7 strikeouts), but his outings have been a bit more inconsistent than his norm. Evidenced by the high ERA and a 40% hard-hit rate, which is his worst since 2019. The Tigers beat him in April, scoring five times in four innings. But his fastball is still elite: 95 mph with a 7-2 extension. Hitters are .189 against it with a 29% whiff rate. His changeup has been spotty and lefties are hitting .328 off it.

Montero, Tigers: There has been a lot of emphasis, organizationally, on his inability to control left-handed hitting. But the right-handers have been doing a boatload of damage, especially in his last two starts (10 runs, 10.1 innings). Righties are slugging .632 against him, with five home runs. And they are doing the damage against his fastball (.321 average, .857 slug). He’s learning, the hard way, the difference between a strike and a quality strike.

1 Like

It looks like the Twins will be getting a couple of their good hitters back today.

Bad timing.

1 Like

Yes, let’s hope the absence results in bad timing for those hitters.

Crap.

Riley Greene to the IL for a hammy strain.

2 Likes

Just saw that Riley Greene has been placed on the 10-day injury list. Ugh, that sucks.

1 Like

What!!!

charlie brown GIF by Peanuts

1 Like

Health remains the biggest question mark on Riley Greene

The Tigers called Vilade back up to take Greene’s roster spot.

Greene definitely has not been right for the last week and a half. Probably not a bad idea to sit him down for a little bit. I think they’re still enough firepower in the lineup to give us some wins while he’s out.

2 Likes

Need Montero to get through 6 if not 7 tonight.

Jesus

Batters right…not innings?

2 Likes

This is fun

1 Like

Javier?

Two bets tonight.

1 Like

They will be testing him for roids after the game.

2 Likes

I hate you.
But I did start laughing out loud all alone in my office…

2 Likes

So maybe we get a few good games from Javy while Riley Greene is out.

2 Likes

Well, at least I came out $12 ahead on my bets already. Hopefully the tigers can muster more than a half limp dick of a response and win me $50 more.

2 Likes

Falling Asleep Dr Steve Brule GIF

2 Likes