Time to be honest lions got worse today

Davenport has done nothing in 2 years! Can never stay healthy. He is a 1st rd bust.

Carlton Davis -never played a full season and is over paid. You gave up a top 100 pick for in a top heavy Draft for a rental. He is cam Sutton a #2 CB I don’t care about 6th rd pick’s especially in not a bottom heavy draft.

The only thing they did right is resign Glasgow.

Holmes panicked when all these guys were going off the board. And went back to his FA model signing training room specials!

For what we paid out on training room specials and the money we could have traded for a future HOF In Khalil Mack.

2 Likes

I could see an argument that other teams in the division got better.

I can’t see an argument that says the Lions’ defense is worse. Davis is much better than any CB they have now, and they aren’t done.

14 Likes

We upgraded both dline and corner… sure didnt get worse.

It’s day 1…

Breathe Chill Out GIF by CSDRMS

12 Likes

Well, so much for 2024, on to 2025.

7 Likes

We traded 2 Okwaras and a Harris for a Betts and Robinson. No biggie. Hard to say that’s worse.

2 Likes

There’s a gambly element to it bc of injuries but of course there is. This is Brad we’re talking about.

3 Likes

I think the Davis trade was solid. Simply because it was a need and he’s a above average CB. Though, I’m with on Holmes continuously rolling the dice on injured players. And regarding Davenport. I just think that money could be used on a maybe lesser talent but more proven and productive player or even a allocate it to a big signing instead of a handful of high risk/high reward players.

2 Likes

WOW overreacting much? The FA period is not even 10 hours in and your complaining we haven’t done anything yet? There are still a lot of vets that can come in and help us to improve.

I remember the days of signing the big name free agents on day 1 and getting all excited only to finish with 5,6, maybe 7 wins

8 Likes

Dumb comment. We didn’t get worse, we just didn’t improve as much as other teams. Carlton Davis is still an improvement over what we have. You’re pretty much saying vildor is better than davis.

4 Likes

Brad clearly greatly values optionality.

2 Likes

If this trade was made last year at the trade dead line .We would be Super Bowl champions.

6 Likes

joel mchale pitchfork GIF by NETFLIX

You obviously have spent zero time watching Holmes the last few years. It is ok to disagree or not care for the decision or even think we got worse. Fine - But saying he panicked is an emotional response and pretty much destroys any credibility the rest of the post might have had.

5 Likes

I just can’t stand paying injured players time and time again. Just don’t sign them. The gamble on Davenport is like playing the slot machines the odds are very very bad you hit!

14.5 million for Carlton Davis? Sorry can’t get behind it.

Hope I am wrong but looks like Holmes panicked today. Seen how busy the market was and thought he needed to make a move. And got the wrong Minnesota Viking in the processes.

1 Like

The other 3 teams got better on the defense of side. Holmes played patty cake

Season’s over.

Leaving Get Out GIF by Old Sea Brigade

2 Likes

Even better for you can turn off the Tigers and Lions, so much less stress and hurt this year.

1 Like

This is what good teams do. Plus, you don’t know that Davis won’t get an extension. None of us know that.

Well he gets paid 14 million as a number 1 corner so clearly he isn’t that bad.

He panicked by making a trade?

33 year old Khalil Mack who carries a cap hit larger than both of the guys we brought in today??

1 Like

Im not sure where you are coming from.