Tired of tweakers

You know that whole breakfast thing would be really kill with your smoked bacon and these bad boys.

1 Like

Probably on their way to fire bomb a federal courthouse in a “mostly peaceful protest”.

My initial thought is, as an investor, I would want to see that built in a safe college town like Lincoln Nebraska, not a remote rural area. More available employees and more potential customers.

1 Like

Its mainly the drugs and easy cheap access to really strong pot, meth, and China supplied fentanyl. Fentanyl is the #1 killer of peeps between 18 and 45.

1 Like

Pot? How strong is that sh!t? Laced with stuff?

1 Like

You’re a really smart guy. Search engine (I didn’t say Google for a reason) news articles about hospital admissions, suicides, schizophrenia, & delusions from the current pot products/grades.

Also, are you following any of the stories about the CCP setting up illegal grow houses all over the country? More results of vast open borders and non enforcement.

Gotta search this on Twitter to get the real stories.

But that’s grey/black market stuff. Perhaps reasons for those states to change their pot laws. I just don’t see it as anywhere near the same societal scourge as fentanyl. Not trying to suggest it’s not a vice nor that it is without any detrimental effects but I really doubt the surge in Orlando homelessness is tied to strong pot in any substantial way.

1 Like

You’re probably right and I’d set it up but I’d never want to run a bar in a college town. Ugh

2 Likes

I don’t see pot as being a problem other than it causing a big drop in craft beer sales with the younger generation

It’s heroin, meth, fenty as well as 50 years of increasing socio-economic disparity, our unwillingness to invest in infrastructure for the mentally ill and the cross pollination of crime, economic disenfranchisement, and mental ilness. Leaders on both sides any isle lack the political will to address it in a meaningful way with proper funding or handling

So generally they tell us to all whistle in the graveyard and not to look at the man behind the curtain

Agreed…. the homelessness in Orlando may also be directly attributable to insane rental rates and house prices.

2 Likes

my solution:

Dress them all as cats. If they are going to sleep on the street and poop in bushes they may as well look cute

Yeah. Scary to think what happens when the economy goes into recession.

2 Likes

Yep. It’s like this in a ton of cities all across the place. Pretty much gotta hit the lotto to own a home in Canada these days… it’s ■■■■■■■ crazy.

Almost like they planned it all this way :wink:

The rich get richer. And the middle class goes poor. I’d elaborate but the lock will come.

4 Likes

Lock is hovering…

Angry I Can Do It GIF by hero0fwar

Wait, that’s Locke

Hit me up if you need Borscht recommendations .

1 Like

How much do you spend and what is the return on investment ??

That is the hard question that leaders don’t want to address.

What percentage of the people in question really want to be saved (our version of the word “saved”)? Picking the “want to be saved” from the “willing to say that it takes to get free stuff” is the hard part.

Most people lack the will to make the tough choices.

2 Likes

There has to be a mechanism for gathering and sorting. It sounds awful and draconian like we’re discussing farm chickens; but loitering laws used to exist for a reason

There’s no way now to meaningfully sort the mentally ill witn the drug addicted and criminals etc…and get them the help they need unless they themselves come forward and most of them are already afraid, disillusioned traumatized angry or embittered

The tragedy is by not having a way to sort people to get them what they need the issues cross pollinate and someone down on their luck will be sexually assaulted, turn to drugs, develop psychosis….

We are finally starting to see some change with businesses and people absolutely fed up and people avoiding downtown. But there is still a long ways to go and it will take a long time to return to the city I fell in love with 25 years ago

I put some thought into it awhile back and came up with the idea of using a retired “prison” to become a homeless shelter.

The idea was to keep the bad guys out and those that really wanted help safely in.

Run it similar to a prison. The people there do the cooking/cleaning/growing crops/etc. The “guards” are there to maintain order but mostly keep drugs/criminals out.

Onsite medical/mental treatment, job training. One of the worst punishments is to get kicked out. I think a program like this would have a MUCH higher chance of getting people back into society that actually want to get back. Those that don’t want it get removed for the people that do really want out.

My man!

I have lots of ideas like this too man. I love how you you think, and I think that’s a fantastic idea

Could even make it profitable, pay them wages, get them, drivers licenses, Social Security numbers, and all sorts of things like that

Grow some organic fruits and vegetables on the property to feed them, so it’s self sustaining… Sell the excess to help feed the homeless that are not on site… Lots of cool things can be done