Titans won't pick up Caleb Farley's fifth-year option

I remember this guy being hyped by draftniks his 4.40 40 speeds d 6’2” 200 lbs siz:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/caleb-farley/32004641-5212-2365-40b4-9ee5bfc899a7

But, it didn’t mean squat.

Food for thought for those complaining about Arnold or Rakestraw

Injured in 2017.
Limited meh year in 18.
Stand out year in 19.
Opted out in 20.

Limited sample size.
I think a LOT of these covid opt outs that were drafted in 2021 are gonna be busts.

Good point

Penei Sewell, Micah Parsons, Rashawn Slater and Jamarr Chase all opted out.

Sewell, Parsons and Chase were pretty much all projected top 10 picks after their first season in college. So the hype was always there.
Slater im not familiar with his projections back then.

But im mean players like this. Where had 1 really good season in college then opted out and all the hype was there.

Farley should be a top-10 pick and will be a better player in the NFL than he was in college if his technique can get cleaned up in a few different areas.

Luke Easterling, Draft Wire: A

“Obviously, the medicals are the only reason Farley was available this late, but the Titans still made a wise move by stopping his fall here. Farley opted out of the 2020 college football season due to COVID-19, and had offseason back surgery, but he got good marks at the NFL’s medical checks earlier this month. He’s a top-10 talent at full strength, so if he’s able to stay healthy, this will be a grand slam pick.”

GRADE: A

Dont tell Penei that

Caleb Farley has been through so damn much. Suffers an ACL tear as an 18 year old. Returns and balls out. Enters his RS Soph year as a potential top ten pick. Back spasms in that year motivate him to come back. Covid happens. He opts out. Drafted in the first and has back issues resurface. It’s all lower lumbar spinal stuff so tricky. Nerve impact, numbness, drop foot are things he’s dealt with. Then his dad is killed in a gas explosion in a $2m suburban Charlotte mansion that Caleb bought for him.

Just an incredibly age 18-24 period of life. And for someone who had been on the stardom path and is by all accounts an awesome human being.

Rooting for that guy hard. Might be my number 1 outside of Lions players.

Back issues are very hard to over come. Theres really nothing medically they can do to make it a non issue. And it only gets worse. Just worried with the injuries and the minimal play time in college, how effective can he really be playing the hardest position in the sport

Can you imagine making it and buying your parents their dream home and then having a faulty gas line, or appliance, or whatever the actual cause was end one of their lives. To think, “if I had just worked at a bank in Charlotte my pops would be alive.”

Not that it’s fair but we do that with guilt. And I’ve heard him talk about it. And he’s just this sweet family, church Southern kid. It’s rough.

If you do choose to go down the Caleb Farley wormhole in detail I warn you that it’s heartbreaking stuff.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.