TJ Lang Released

1 Like

Cap space at roughly $42mill after the release I believe.

1 Like

There were rumors he might restructure.

Suddenly OL is becoming a bigger need. I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if we went OL again in round 1.

We could draft an OT at 8 and move Decker inside to guard.

1 Like

Great player when healthy, you just can’t count on him being healthy. In fact, you can count on him missing 4-6 games. His price is way too high.
Best of everything in your future, TJ!

1 Like

I agree he was solid when healthy.
I think whats overlooked a bit here is how we’re going to replace that type of leadership on that line. Not gonna be easy.
Regardless, this needed to get done.

2 Likes

Something had to give, he just wasn’t dependable enough to be worth his paycheck. My guess is, he wants to hit the market to see what he can get, and if it isn’t enough for him to play again then he’ll hang 'em up. Concussions are nothing to mess around with, so I’m hoping he retires before suffering another one.

Added: Lang was a class act from start to finish. Best wishes to him and his family, wherever he ends up.

1 Like

It was a different game wearing blue than it was wearing green. I don’t think he was ever able to adjust from suddenly not being able to hold every other play

2 Likes

Dude was totally shocked when he was called for holding. He could not believe it.

This is an awesome article from 2016

“Notice as Lacy runs by, Haloti Ngata is reaching with one arm to try and get Lacy while 70 RG TJ Lang has fistfuls of jersey pulling Ngata back away from the run lane”

3 Likes

Happy he made some bank, played well for his hometown team, and now can and should retire before he risks his health further.

Plus dat cap space…

2 Likes