Tom Brady retires

I don’t think anyone ever called Montana the most talented QB of his generation either, but when it comes to winning and who do you want when the games on the line? Give me Brady. Give me Joe.

4 Likes

Good form, Matthew

3 Likes

Et tu Gronkowski? Pretty sure he’s done as well.

1 Like

Jesus Christ!!! He won with wide receivers nobody heard of, he won when Edelman was his main guy, he won with WRs playing CB (not because they wanted to they had to). You can claim Gay-Ron Rogers is/was more talented but with his better talent he has choked away opportunity after opportunity. He had much better support around him the majority of his career and managed 1 (count that again 1) super bowl appearance and win. Brady took mediocre talent around him several times and dragged it to the super bowl. He is the GOAT for a reason. GTFOH with that “Rogers is more talented” bullshit.

2 Likes

So do the Bucs go after Tom’s signing bonus?

We know the clown known as Rod Wood would do it.

Wood went after CJ’s $1.6M . . . Buc’s can recoup $20M from Mr. Brady.

So are the Buc’s classy or are they a POS like Rod Wood?

2 Likes

It is time for us to go for broke and seize the opportunity that lies for us in this conference and this division.

We are in prime position to take over this division and now even the conference is wide open for someone to take.

We have realistically the best pool of assets to go after those openings.

Dan Campbell is coming for the NFC.

Go Lions.

1 Like

Relax, Giselle.

1 Like

I feel like Philly does, especially when you consider the talent on their Current roster. Hopefully they flounder at QB

Y E S!!!

I completely believe in Dan and Brad. They will continue to make each other look better and better.

Lions will compete for the division next year.
I think we compete for the conference the year after that!

I think they should continue as is.
I think we can afford to take developmental guys, because we can develop guys better than most teams.
I feel like we can take guys that we are confident will return from injury…because we are going long term.

Just on philosophy alone, as well as strategic aggression, we are getting better and better.

I truly believe this is gonna look like Bill Cowher’s Steelers, maybe even better. We will be a playoff team for a looooong time, and contend for SBs sometimes too.

It’s coming, man. The growth we saw at the end of the season was spectacular, even with a turd of a roster.

Next season, more talent, more diverse offense, more playmakers on D.

Watch us get a top 10-12 or so offense, as well as a 17-20 defense.
Borderline playoff team next year.

Year after that…
More continuity,
more focused energy,
with fewer new guys,
with more competition on the roster…
Bottom of the roster keeps improving,
Top of roster keeps improving…until a few years from now…Sustaining excellence with a little bit of flux between Wildcard team and SB contender.

1 Like

I was a Peyton guy and used to argue he was better. I gave that up a while ago. Brady is the GOAT. And the next acronym I use is even more important AINEC. Kind of ironic that Stafford put him into retirement. I think he’s making a good decision. Bucs are done. He should have picked a team like the Titans who had a lot more young talent. I always thought the Bucs was a bit of a strange pick. Perennial losers.

1 Like

Just calling out the bullshit I see

It’s the end of an era, though he dominated the league for so damn long that it feels like several eras.

Brady chose to walk away from the game before it walked away from him. He easily could have played longer, but there’s nothing left for him to prove.

I said he was the GOAT, just not more talented than Rodgers, and I’m worried you’re not going to be OK.

1 Like

Fixed it.

And am I actually more optimistic than @BigNatty about something?

I really believe 2022 is the “prove it” year for Dan. Not proving that he should keep his job, but proving to everyone else that these ain’t no sorry old Lions.

I firmly expect 10-7 or 11-6, an NFC North title, and 1 or 2 playoff wins.

1 Like

Which will make the following scenario fascinating …

If it becomes evident that Goff is the reason they can’t go beyond one playoff win, how do Lions fans respond?

It’s an entirely possible scenario.

I hope he proves me and others wrong, but how would Lions fans feel if the first QB to lead them to a playoff win isn’t good enough beyond that?

What if he’s Ryan Tannehill?

What if he’s … Jimmy G?

It’d be fascinating to see us react to finally being relevant but suddenly (gasp) expecting more.

This is only the case if it’s obvious Goff can’t get it done. Tannehill is the best example I can think of at the moment.

Maybe lure Tom out of retirement …

1 Like

There is no way they do that! The Super Bowl win is worth the 20m loss all day.

I really think he is.

Or Stafford plays out his contract and comes over?

1 Like

I think we as an organization have no other choice to pull a Rams and mortgage the future for a QB.

I think we as fans should expect that to be what the organization does.

1 Like

Brady was a winner plain and simple. And my go to guy because any lion fan needs a go to guy, team ect. He earned the goat and his sb record probably will never be broken. Have fun with your family Tom you earned it.

1 Like

Haha that would be great but who you rooting for? Lions or Matt?

That sir, is excellent.

Looks like I got some real competition on the Ford hating front…Best get to work and up my game.