Tom Brady retires

Feels weird

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1487508331967258630

2 Likes

I wonder if heā€™ll sign and retire with the Pats.

3 Likes

Legend.

Greatest of all time.

Nobody will ever win 7 Super Bowls again.

5 Likes

Won 7 but went to 10. Thatā€™s absolutely insane. Heā€™s been to more Super Bowls than most guys spend years in the league.

5 Likes

Definitely the GOAT. Good for him. Heā€™s got loads of cash and gets to nail Giselle and play golf until the end of time.

4 Likes

About sums it up.

3 Likes

Wow.

I feel so sadā€¦ speechless even! I mean, Iā€™m happy for the guy for sure but as a fan i guess i kind of wanted him to play until 60 lol.

I love how he did it. No loud farewell tour. No public debating about it over weeksā€¦

Just BAM! on a Saturday afternoon late in January after leading the nfl in passing yards and tdā€™s at 44 years old.

Not much to say other than the obvious.

:goat:

Thanks for all the great memories, Tom Brady. What a legend.

3 Likes

He went out on his terms. His skill set is still more than good enough to play next year if he wanted.

1 Like

Mahomes has a shot.

In any event, it feels weird to be a bit shocked at a 44 year old retiring but, here we are. Good for him, focus on family and life after football.

Iā€™d assume that Gronk and Arians follow suit now. Tampa might be in the Bryce Young sweepstakes.

3 Likes

Brady is the gold standard.

Brady and Rodgers leave NFC this offseason.

AFC will have stronger teams for the next handful of years.
Who is there in the NFC, now?
Dak
Kyler
Stafford

Who else ya got?
Is Goff among the top 5 QBs in the NFC?
How does this improve our chances to get to a SB in a couple of years?

GB and Tampa out of the playoff picture?
Whatā€™s next?

3 Likes
6 Likes

This brings up an interesting conversation. If Rodgers is out, the NFC does not have much going for it. Itā€™s basically Dak, Stafford and a cloud of dust, and then maybe Kyler Murray. And to paraphrase Moneyball, you have several pounds of shit, and then you have everyone else. Yes, that includes Goff.

**Left out Russ. I dunno where his career is at. He isnā€™t the same QB. Weā€™ll see what happens with him.

3 Likes

We solve the riddle of QB, and it wonā€™t matter anyway. Danā€™s gonna build some smash mouth stuff here that is gonna be a pain in the ass for everyone who has to face us!

1 Like

Tom Brady is so good he won all those SB by himself.

2 Likes

If Matt plays another two years after this one, I can see us giving him a challenge if you are right about Dan. The idea of a showdown between a rebuilt Lions and Mattā€™s final hurrah is a real possibility.

2 Likes

Unpopular opinion alert: Brady is the GOAT. Not denying it. But ā€¦ heā€™s not even the most talented player at his position in his generation (Rodgers), and he really, really, really benefitted from always being surrounded by amazing organizations that gave him everything he needed to be successful. That doesnā€™t give him an asterisk, but I think itā€™s a reality that should be acknowledged.

4 Likes

Tom Brady drank greatness and pissed excellence.

1 Like

Reportedly, he has a new gig on MNF with Peyton & Eli. He told the Sheriff, ā€œMove over, Thereā€™s a New Sheriff in town!ā€.lolā€¦He could do the MNF gig on a rotating basisā€¦

With Aikman moving to Amazon next year, thereā€™s a slot now open for the GOATā€¦If he wants itā€¦

I am wondering what they will do @ QB. They drafted Kyle Trask in the 2nd round last year. I would imagine he has the best chance to succeed Brady. They are in a world of trouble if they are going to depend on Blaine Gabbert next year. With almost no cap space and most of their star players being free agents it will be interesting to see what they end up doing.

Loooove that idea!

tombstone GIF
Lions leaving Ramā€™s stadium after crushing them in NFC Conference title game

1 Like