Top 150

I have read mocks where it happens.

They aren’t very realistic mocks mind you…but I’m not creating this, just using someone else’s delusion

Coming into the year everyone had him top ten pretty much, but he really struggled this year, especially when A&M tried to play him inside. And part of that top ten ranking was the belief that he was so athletic he ought to thrive from inside. When he didn’t, it really soured a lot of analysts on him.

But I agree I think in the right system he could thrive. An attacking 3-4 for example would probably be great for him, like a JJ Watt role. If we drafted him even at 1b I’d be pretty happy. But I bet he rises after his testing.

Hamilton is my next highest-rated player, but I just can’t bring myself to draft a safety that high. Safeties are important but they’re lower-value because you can more easily find them later in the draft than you can other positions. It’s the same reason RBs and iOL are lower-value, plenty of great starters from the mid and lower rounds. I would add CB to that list as well, but it stays valuable because you just need so many of them nowadays. Even if you hit on a few late rounders or UDFAs, you still need more.

The more I watch London the more I love him. A month ago I said I had it Garret Wilson and then everyone else, well I’ve moved London into the same tier as Wilson. I still have Wilson ranked higher but I really like both of them.

Still, I don’t have them ranked nearly as high as Chase, Waddle or Devonta Smith, or evey Lamb or Jeudy from the year before, so I probably wouldn’t take them top ten. Their value is being inflated a little bit by the lack of elite talent at the top of this draft. I think they’d have been lucky to be 1st rounders last year.

I think Leal fits our defense well if we are wed to this particular system. Have him be a super sub and take over for Brockers in a year. And even though he struggled at times Leal still made splash plays. Consistency certainly does seem to be an issue.

I thought London was the clear number one WR before the injury. I’m assuming that feedback on his health prognosis must be pretty good as he seems to be getting helium again.

The clip below hardly jives with the take that he’s not all that athletic. It’s build up speed but he’s plenty athletic. Maybe he’s more Vincent Jackson than Mike Evans (or somewhere in between) but he’s really, really good.

Oh and Jalen Tolbert at 114. If we could snag him with the comp 3rd I’m doing backflips.

Since Dane Brugler has Tolbert ranked between Bell and Pickens at the moment, I might not be doing backflips, but I’d visualize them with you.

You and @HSVLion are really down on Karlaftis, while I’ve not yet heard anyone here who is really beating the drum for him.

Anyone here pro-Karlaftis?

Yeah London has incredibly light feet for a guy his size. Or at least he did in 2021, much more than he did in his prior years. I think his offseason work must have been in the dance studio.

I don’t know what to make of Tolbert yet. Sometimes I think he’s a JAG, others I think his skills will translate. I usually have this problem with WRs from small schools if they don’t have some obviously elite trait. I have the same issue with Romeo Doubs. But Tolbert’s definitely a guy I’m really interested in seeing at the Senior Bowl.

Judging by that list, they still suck.

I see it a lot more with Tolbert than Doubs personally. I think Doubs could be a “power slot” type but I like Tolbert better on the outside. I’ve been a fan of Tolbert since game 1 of last year so it’s quite possible that I’m rather biased.

I think alot of people are down on him because his numbers went down this year from last year. But if you watch him, he’s routinely double-teamed. While he’s known as an edge rusher, I think he’s decent against the run and can set the edge, but maybe not when double-teamed. I know the Giants’ beat writers are mentioning him alot at 5OA.
I think if we can somehow manage trade downs that could get us Hamilton, we may be able to pick up Karlaftis too. I like him, he’s got a great motor, and is a great leader - he’s a DC type for sure.

I’ve just sort of started to dig in on Heiligh and like what I’m seeing. Of course I still have the issue with the small school and competition.

And that they’re scheme is unbelievable. Jamey Chadwell is a witch. I have no idea how he hasn’t been poached by a power five team yet. If Scott Frost doesn’t turn it around next year I expect Chadwell to be very, very high on Trev Alberts wish list.